Bike Shops in Tucson

Dec 2001

Bike Shops in Tucson

I'll be in the Tucson / Green Valley area the first week in May. Could someone please provide me with the names of a few high quality bike shops?

Thank you in advance.

Dick

Feb 2004

Supposedly a good one

Is Full Cycle 3302 East Speedway phone 327-3232.

I was just there and talked to a guy there and he said this was the best one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dicklynn0585
    I'll be in the Tucson / Green Valley area the first week in May. Could someone please provide me with the names of a few high quality bike shops?

Thank you in advance.

Dick
    I don't live in Tucson anymore, but I know that both Performance and Supergo have retail ocations in Tucson - you can get the specifics at their websites. Not sure about the "mom and pop" stores anymore - the Supergo location used to be Full Cycle, a good local shop.

Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dicklynn0585

Thank you in advance.

Dick
    Fair Wheels Bikes now is the best shop in Tucson. The have their own team, and sponsor the University of Arizona cycling team. The owner, Ralph, is a 50-60-yr-old who could ride away from most anyone on the board.
    Full Cycle used to be a good shop, but the original owner, Chuck, sold it to Bill, strictly a business man. He was a non-riding, fatt-azz owner who sold out to Supergo. The store used to have really nice stuff, now it's filled with Supergo brand parts and a staff who are better suited to working in a Gap. When I worked there in 2001, they had about a dozen mechanics. Only one of them, Sam Black, knew how to build a wheel. I doubt the owner of Fair Wheels would even hire a mechanic who didn't know how to build a wheel. Another good shop is Arizona Bicycle Experts. They focus on mountain bikes, but they know their stuff. Ordinary Bikes is a tiny shop that looks like it would just sell commuter bikes, but they have very knowlegable mechanics.

Man, I need a shower !
    Jun 2003

good info...

this is helpful to me as well. I just bought a house in Green Valley so I could get out of the cold during the winter and ride and play golf whenever I want. I'll be in Denver most of the time and use GV just when the weather turns nasty. I've been trying to find a good shop in Tucson so this is perfect. Thanks.