Camera for riding pics?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Camera for riding pics?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a camera to take along to take riding pics? I'd love to find something about the size of a bike computer that I could attach to handlebars... just reach over and tap it with my thumb or something to snap a quick panorama pic of what I see.

As an alternative - something very convenient, portable and light that I could toss in the back pocket of my jersey...

I don't want the very best digital pics, and I don't want to spend too much because I figure that sooner or later something bad will happen to it on the bike. I want a sort of quasi-disposable thing. (i.e. won't make me too mad if I do something stupid with it on a ride)

Im looking at this: Cheezie camera from target

What do y'all think? What do y'all use?

Apr 2004
    At only 1.3 MP the only thing you can do with your pics is e-mail then,anything printed will look bad.Try a Canon Elph, it's a bit more money but you'll get yourself a great "little" camera.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

check out the podium

had an olympus stylus 400....

but soon discovered that my training routine was not condusive to taking photos while riding. The thing took fair photos but action shots were blurry. I felt it was too small sometimes, it would move a bit when I took shots. I sold it and picked up a canon a80, which has full manual controls and a relatively quick shutter. Action shots are great: perfect for race day photos of teammates in other races and pics of the family. The wife uses it and loves it as well. I do not take it riding at all.

If you train hard when you ride, don't bother with an expensive camera: you won't have time to take great shots. I'd go with a cheap phone, something small and light. I'm going to get a camera phone to kill two birds with one stone.

Of course, if your riding is more recreational, a higher quality camera makes perfect sense, and the elph is a great choice.
    http://legolord.blogspot.com/

early registration is worth hundreds of hours of training

-avatar photo courtesy of hup united

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by myette10
    but soon discovered that my training routine was not condusive to taking photos while riding. The thing took fair photos but action shots were blurry. I felt it was too small sometimes, it would move a bit when I took shots. I sold it and picked up a canon a80, which has full manual controls and a relatively quick shutter. Action shots are great: perfect for race day photos of teammates in other races and pics of the family. The wife uses it and loves it as well. I do not take it riding at all.

If you train hard when you ride, don't bother with an expensive camera: you won't have time to take great shots. I'd go with a cheap phone, something small and light. I'm going to get a camera phone to kill two birds with one stone.

Of course, if your riding is more recreational, a higher quality camera makes perfect sense, and the elph is a great choice.
    Second that. I use a Canon S400. It is small, made of metal, and takes excellent pictures.