Can anyone shed some light on the Dutch "Van Tuyl" brand of bicycles....

Mar 2004

Question Can anyone shed some light on the Dutch "Van Tuyl" brand of bicycles....

I just came back from a long journey through the Benelux region of Europe and caught sight of a lot of new for me, name bicycles...

The one brand that caught my eye the most was the Dutch based "Van Tuyl" (http://www.vantuyl.nl/intro.php) line of bicycles.

Does anyone know anything about them??

Jul 2003

van Tuyl ....

Van Tuyl is an enterprising guy. His frames are sorced from somewhere, anywhere, possibly to his specification. Some ten years ago his ti frames were Russian, and his steel frames were supposedly built by Pesenti. At that time I owned a bike with a EL/OS tig-welded frame. Possibly the best riding (was still racing back then) bike I ever had; so the geometry was very good. A quality bike I would say.
    But then the two seat stays cracked, and the second part of quality came around: after sales service. I'll spare you the details of this long story full of broken promises, but I even engaged a lawyer at one time. The lost money on the frame was not the thing that angered me most: it was the fake repair job, sprayed over to appear as if new stays were welded in. You don't send a guy back racing with cracked seatstays IMHO. To paint a complete picture: van Tuyl was racing himself at that time.
    It's 10 years ago, still makes me angry. Just thought I'd mention this story to you; things may have changed, but if you were me ..... .
    And goodnight to the street sweepers, the night watchmen flame keepers, and goodnight to Mathilda, too.

Mar 2004
    Thanks for sharing your personal insight....

The fact of the matter is, a companies customer treatment and their dedication to satisfying their customers is more important to me than the actuall products they sell as most manufactures items are so simular there is really very little difference...

I'll be taking my business elsewhere.