• 05-19-2004
    t0adman
    Can we have Wednesday podium girls please?
    I'm headed to Cabo tomorrow morning and will miss the Friday edition. Since today feels like Friday to me (ahh yeah) can we get some PG love?
  • 05-19-2004
    toronto-rider
    2 Attachment(s)
    Thanks to Pez
    Sure, here are some
  • 05-19-2004
    purplepaul
    I'm giving odds on them having been men at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto-rider
    Sure, here are some

• 05-19-2004
    t0adman
    Ahhh better, but I think purplepaul might be on to something.
  • 05-19-2004
    lonefrontranger
    dude, I tried to find some for ya
    But Cyclingnews.com (the most common source) have gotten wise to our tricks and have shut down the "right-click" option.

But wouldn't you want to be this guy

(Alessandro Pettachi gets his due)
  • 05-19-2004
    t0adman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Looks quite...comfortable. Thanks lonefrontranger.

By the way, they can try to stop image linking but they can never keep us from stealing...err....borrowing!
  • 05-19-2004
    DougSloan
    1 Attachment(s)
    how about a reporter?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adman
    I'm headed to Cabo tomorrow morning and will miss the Friday edition. Since today feels like Friday to me (ahh yeah) can we get some PG love?

reporter
  • 05-19-2004
    purplepaul
    Italy: where the police get to drive Lamborghinis and the reporters look like.... that. And they love bicycles. I may have to rethink this "America is the greatest country in the world" thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougSloan
    reporter

• 05-19-2004
    DougSloan
    yes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by purplepaul
    Italy: where the police get to drive Lamborghinis and the reporters look like.... that. And they love bicycles. I may have to rethink this "America is the greatest country in the world" thing.

I've heard lots and lots about Italy from my wife, who spent lots of time there, and her mother. While they are very fashionable, nothing gets done on time -- there is very little sense of urgency or obligation with many businesses.. It would probably drive most Americans nuts. Everything shuts down in August (which could be a good thing). Taxes are high. The judicial system is corrupt. yada yada yada

However, if I had to live somewhere else, it would probably be at the top of the list. At least cyclists are more welcome there.

Oh, and even after just having ridden a hundred miles on a bike, standing there in lycra next to those podium girls and reporters it might be hard, er -- difficult, to discreetly appreciate them.

Doug
  • 05-19-2004
    Mike T.
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

wouldn't you want to be this guy?

Nope, I'd much rather be this guy. He looks like he's doing one of those ****** commercials -