Canyon road bike
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2020

Canyon road bike

Hi All,
    I was originally going to the Specialized or Trek route for an endurance bike. But, after checking out the few that were still available, I discovered why they were still available. Long story short, Iím still looking and turns out the Canyon bike Iíd consider is available. The Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2. But, Iíve heard a common issue with Canyonís road bikes is that the front brake rubs when standing and grinding it out up hill, which is due to the flex in the fork. Has anyone else heard this and have suggestions on how to fix? Or, maybe this has issue has been addressed by Canyon for the 2020 year models? This is the only thing holding me back from ordering one. I thought about just ordering it and if it doesnít work out, return it. But, I feel like that would be a waste of time.
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I have a 2019, same bike. I never hear of this issue, nor experienced it, but I can only put out about 500w.
    That front end with the through axle is way stiffer than any clamp down bike I have ever ridden, by a hole level better.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    I can only put out about 500w.
    Thanks for the response. Glad to hear you have the same bike and love it. What do you mean by you can only put out 500w, though?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    I have a 2019, same bike. I never hear of this issue, nor experienced it, but I can only put out about 500w.
    That front end with the through axle is way stiffer than any clamp down bike I have ever ridden, by a hole level better.
    I think your saying you donít push hard enough for that to happen anyway. (Iíve never used a power meter. So, not sure how that goes.) I assumed all it took was just standing up on the bike to push your body weight through. But, maybe Iím wrong. Idk. Maybe I should just order it and give it a try. Iím also considering a custom built bike. My lbs says a proper fit will take care of road compliance. So, I should stop by and just let him build me something. Not sure if thatís just a marketing ploy to get me into the store or not. But, that is another option Iím exploring.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    U are trying to compare a Canyon to some custom bike?
    Who said that Canyon's forks are weak?
    Who said that the custom bike is better? .. and what is it made of, cream cheese?
    I think u have a bigger problem than picking a bike.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Duriel... always a ray of sunshine.

I have a Grail and few of my friends have Ultimates - and never heard of the fork thing. One of the guys on an ultimate is 225 lbs and a strong rider.

I'd suggest buying the Canyon but unpack it like you are going to send it back...
    - Take pictures as you go
    - Label the packaging/foam blocks and straps

Ride the bike for a couple weeks and decide.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    My buddy's Trek Madone SL7 disc brake also has the front disc rub when he's out of the saddle going hard. But it's not a bid deal, but yeah I can see that would be a little annoying hearing the rub, it plays with your head

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    Duriel... always a ray of sunshine.

I have a Grail and few of my friends have Ultimates - and never heard of the fork thing. One of the guys on an ultimate is 225 lbs and a strong rider.

I'd suggest buying the Canyon but unpack it like you are going to send it back...
    - Take pictures as you go
    - Label the packaging/foam blocks and straps

Ride the bike for a couple weeks and decide.
    Lol. Thank you for the help. Those are great ideas. I think Iíll do that.