Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Colorado Cyclist Shorts ??

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bismo37 
#1 ·
Fellow Pavement Cruisers,

I need some opinions on shorts, in particular bib shorts. I've wanted to try the elastic interface technology but it seems very expensive. I noticed Colorado Cyclist sells two different bibs that use that type of pad; The Powerflex Bib Short ($ 79.99) and The Powerline Bib Short ($ 109.99). There are no reviews on the website and I wanted to see if anyone has tried these before and like them or not, and perhaps why, application (eg. Century Ride, Racing), etc. Thanks for any and all help!!!

Keep Spinnin',
Tim

#3 ·
I have one of their powerline bibs.
Very nice actually. I have used mostly
Castelli Y pro3 bibs when the price was good.
About a year ago I bought one of these powerlines to try & was pretty happy with them. It is true the pad is a lil thicker at first than Castelli but not real bad to me.
They do have excellent quality & actually have outlasted the Castellis. Nice flat seams & great grippers. In fact the only complaint is a small one. At first the grippers were almost too tight. I think it wise to buy one size up from them.
The only reason I dont buy more is their shipping policy to Hawaii is terrible expensive. Even a single pair of bids is 20 bucks!!
I wrote them but they wont budge.
Dumb IMHO because I buy lots of things from Excel & others all the time. At least they have a handle on shipping costs.

#4 ·
rbikertim said:
Fellow Pavement Cruisers,

I need some opinions on shorts, in particular bib shorts. I've wanted to try the elastic interface technology but it seems very expensive. I noticed Colorado Cyclist sells two different bibs that use that type of pad; The Powerflex Bib Short ($ 79.99) and The Powerline Bib Short ($ 109.99). There are no reviews on the website and I wanted to see if anyone has tried these before and like them or not, and perhaps why, application (eg. Century Ride, Racing), etc. Thanks for any and all help!!!

Keep Spinnin',
Tim
I've had the powerline bibs for a year now. They seem well-made and fit great. They been my favorite bibs for a while now. i usually wear a large, and their large size fits me well. The pad is really comfy, though at first felt like a diaper. I really dig it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.