RoadBikeReview Member
    "here's the hill" LOL!
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_5200 View Post
    WTF? Do these guys never climb? They're barely cranking a pretty large gear, judging from the gradient, but we'll never know what it is. Not the way to get it done. Can't believe that grade, comparing to the horizon, wouldn't be a piece of cake in 34-28 at 70 rpm in a straight line, not falling all over the road.

Back to the drawing board, Spielberg. Get the talent to do some serious training in lower gears. I know they got 'em.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Being the stronger/leaner/better rider it's super important to ride a bit behind the rider your trying to help. It is insulting to and counter productive to ride ahead of a dude totally struggling giving him bullshit advise. Good way to make someone never want to ride again.

I think those that know what's up will recognize this but, ********s who have something to prove will do what this wanker did. Sorry JMO...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodys737 View Post
    Being the stronger/leaner/better rider it's super important to ride a bit behind the rider your trying to help. It is insulting to and counter productive to ride ahead of a dude totally struggling giving him bullshit advise. Good way to make someone never want to ride again.

I think those that know what's up will recognize this but, ********s who have something to prove will do what this wanker did. Sorry JMO...
    Yep, this is a version of "half wheel hell" gone wrong.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    WTF? Do these guys never climb? They're barely cranking a pretty large gear, judging from the gradient, but we'll never know what it is. Not the way to get it done. Can't believe that grade, comparing to the horizon, wouldn't be a piece of cake in 34-28 at 70 rpm in a straight line, not falling all over the road.

Back to the drawing board, Spielberg. Get the talent to do some serious training in lower gears. I know they got 'em.

It's a comedy short, not a GCN instructional video.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post

You guys are taking this to seriously. The guy in the back is riding something with downtube shifters, looks like an old Schwinn which probably has 10 gears and weighs 45lbs- it's supposed to be funny not showing skill / technique. The guy up front is trying to stay out of the reach of the guy in the back threatening to kill him.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    Oops. Gotcha. I thought it was more instructional...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    Whew! thanks for pointing that out!

I felt so sorry for the rider in back barely able to turn the crank, I didn't get the no doubt revealing dialogue. The mustache gave the impression this guy was serious.

evs
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oh Man, I thought he was going to say he was joking and just said those things to get him to the top of the hill :-(
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'