• 02-04-2004
    alchemy
    Does anyone have nude Ksyrium pics ?
    I'm tossing up the idea of removing the stickers on my Ksyriums but was wondering if anyone has a picture of what they look like when this has been done.

What's the best way of removing them and does anyone have any tips or info about this.
  • 02-04-2004
    mr meow meow
    I stripped mine and they look great
    I don't have any pictures right now but the stickers were easy to peel off and had very little residue to clean off. This might lower your resale value, though.
  • 02-04-2004
    Derick
    3 Attachment(s)
    Here you go
    Not the best pics but hopefully they'll help. These are 2000 model Ksyriums that came on my C'dale and are now on my Giant.

Removing the stickers is easy. I just pulled them off and cleaned up the residue with Goo-Gone. I really like the look and don't regret it at all. The only concern is resale value. If you think you may be selling them any time soon I wouldn't do it. Otherwise I say go for it. It's a very stealthy look.
  • 02-04-2004
    alchemy
    Thanks for the photo's - off they come !!
  • 02-04-2004
    RemingtonShowdown
    Go for it--I did and now want to remove all decals everywhere!!
  • 02-04-2004
    mr meow meow
    removing decals CAN be addictive..
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RemingtonShowdown
    Go for it--I did and now want to remove all decals everywhere!!

After stripping my 5500 I played with the idea of leaving the frame nude... I have to admit it looks better with than without. but wheel decals are a different animal. Some can be downright LOUD. I removed the decals from my ksyriums AND my Am-Classic 420's and never regretted it.
  • 02-05-2004
    SPINDAWG
    Question on ride quality.
    Going to get the Ksyrium SSL SL's this year and was wondering how they rode? I know they are a little on the heavy side and they are kinda stiff but I was looking at trying a pair this year and was kinda concerned of the ride of aluminum.
  • 02-05-2004
    RemingtonShowdown
    Meow-you stripped the the decals, paint and clearcoats? Was this done by hand with wet dry silicone sandpaper or did you use a stripper? I was thinking of doing that with my TCR1-I made a test, and the decals will come off with almost no effort-but I have my doubts about matching the velvety finish so I haven't done it yet-I guess I'll wait thill the frame gets a couple of scratches and needs a new finish.

I am in the process of de-decal-izing everything I own- stem seatpost, bars... I don't get free equipment so why should they get free advertizing-besides you're right decals can be loud and UGLY!

If you have any pics of the 5500 I'd love to see it!!
  • 02-06-2004
    alchemy
    I completely nuded up my K's yesterday (hubs, spokes, everything) and they look great !! Thanks for the info.
  • 02-06-2004
    aliensporebomb
    Mean looking......
    I like.

I gotta get a set of those wheels.

Does anyone know of Mavic still makes the black ones? They would go great with my TCR.
  • 02-06-2004
    Derick
    No more black ones but...
    They are all over E-Bay.
  • 02-06-2004
    6was9
    Yours Elite?
    I don't see the SL's shaved area inbetween nipples . BTW what d'ya know I always thought it was raw alum under the decal until I looked at it carefully just now.

Does anyone have a pic of SL nuded with the raw al shaved areas inbetween the nipples showing? :rolleyes:
  • 02-06-2004
    RemingtonShowdown
    1 Attachment(s)
    Last years SSC SL sans the decals...
    Stealthy IMO
  • 02-06-2004
    Derick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 6was9
    I don't see the SL's shaved area inbetween nipples . BTW what d'ya know I always thought it was raw alum under the decal until I looked at it carefully just now.

Does anyone have a pic of SL nuded with the raw al shaved areas inbetween the nipples showing? :rolleyes:

No, THey're just Ksyriums. These were made before there were Elite and SL models. They're built just like the SL wheels but without the shaved area.
  • 02-06-2004
    6was9
    Nice: Subtly Ksyrium.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RemingtonShowdown
    Stealthy IMO

Nicest color coordinated and clean looking Giant TCR cf bike so far :cool:
    Show us the whole bike.
  • 02-07-2004
    Derick
    3 Attachment(s)
    Here you go.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 6was9
    Nicest color coordinated and clean looking Giant TCR cf bike so far :cool:
    Show us the whole bike.

Curse this new software. I'm not sure if you were asking to see mine or the red one. Any way, here it is.
    It's a 2004 TCR1 which came with Ultegra and Ksyrium Elites. I stripped the Dura Ace and Ksyriums off my C'dale and put it all on this. The Ultegra group and Elites will go on E-bay this Spring. I'll be doing a review on it when I get around to it.
  • 02-07-2004
    RemingtonShowdown
    3 Attachment(s)
    I long for spring...
    Seeing that it's the dead of winter I think I have a little time before I have to cut the excess off the cables. Sadly, the only riding done on this bike has been on my rollers while watching Seinfeld...

The bike is an '03 Giant TCR1 Medium outfitted with '04 DuraAce 10, '04 DuraAce 7800 pedals, Nokon cable system, Thomson Elite post, Ritchey Pro 130mm stem, Ritchey Pro Oversize 44cm bar, Fizik Aliante Titanium saddle, '03 Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL (sans decals), Hutchinson Carbon Comp Clinchers, Vetta V100 Wireles computer with wireless cadence.
  • 02-08-2004
    thisendup
    derick..
    what's up with the reversed Thomson set back seat post? makes for one odd geometry set up.
  • 02-09-2004
    Derick
    Slightly odd body I guess.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thisendup
    what's up with the reversed Thomson set back seat post? makes for one odd geometry set up.

The post that came with it had too much set back and was not reversable This was the only one I had. I'll be replacing it with a straight one with no setback soon. It does look a bit funny but it works for now.