Don Lamson Leaves D2 Shoe
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2003

Don Lamson Leaves D2 Shoe

Don Lamson Leaves D2 Shoe to Start New Premium Cycling Footwear Company.

Santa Paula, California March 19, 2018. D2Shoe founder and renown cycling shoe designer Don Lamson has left D2Shoe to start a new premium cycling shoe company. Don has been designing and building custom cycling shoes for more than 35 years. His premium cycling shoes have been worn by professional cyclists, olympians and national champions. After being unable to reach agreement with his business partner about the direction D2Shoe would take going forward, Don sold his interest in the company to his partner, who will attempt to operate D2 without Don. Don will continue to build premium custom cycling shoes and his new company, Lamson Cycling Shoes, will become operational over the upcoming months. The website for Lamson Cycling Shoes is at https://donlamson.com, and will be updated regularly with information about the new company and its new cycling footwear designs. Don can be contacted through the website with any questions.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
    Don Lamson Leaves D2 Shoe to Start New Premium Cycling Footwear Company.

Santa Paula, California March 19, 2018. D2Shoe founder and renown cycling shoe designer Don Lamson has left D2Shoe to start a new premium cycling shoe company. Don has been designing and building custom cycling shoes for more than 35 years. His premium cycling shoes have been worn by professional cyclists, olympians and national champions. After being unable to reach agreement with his business partner about the direction D2Shoe would take going forward, Don sold his interest in the company to his partner, who will attempt to operate D2 without Don. Don will continue to build premium custom cycling shoes and his new company, Lamson Cycling Shoes, will become operational over the upcoming months. The website for Lamson Cycling Shoes is at https://donlamson.com, and will be updated regularly with information about the new company and its new cycling footwear designs. Don can be contacted through the website with any questions.
    No wonder they havent responded to any emails in tghe last 3 weeks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    How did this get resolved? I'm looking to have some adjustments done to D2s I bought previously but I don't know whether it would be worth it with the new business model.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    How did this get resolved? I'm looking to have some adjustments done to D2s I bought previously but I don't know whether it would be worth it with the new business model.
    Don separated from D2 and is building shoes outside of Tucson, AZ. https://lamsoncycling.com/. If D2 cant help you, maybe you should call him?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TriBritInTX View Post
    No wonder they havent responded to any emails in tghe last 3 weeks!
    Don has always been notoriously bad about communicating with customers and meeting promised delivery (unless you happen to be a World Tour professional I assume). Always some material or other delay; never his fault. IME the best craftsmen are often the worst businessmen. If you want or need his shoes, be prepared for long delays and poor/infrequent communication. There are SO many good shoes in the market these days though that Id have to have some pretty messed up feet to put up with Don.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man. - The Dude