Finally Got it...1st Road Bike
    Calm like a Bomb..

Finally Got it...1st Road Bike

Wanted to thank everyone on the boards who have helped me over the last week. I have found tons of information and spent many late nights searching the previous threads. After much research and test riding this is what I came up with . Got a steal of a deal on this 2006 Tarmac Comp

RoadBikeReview Member

Congrats!!

Those are nice looking frames. They bike looks nice except for the Shimano stuff . Just kidding Enjoy and ride the hell out of it!
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    I have that exact same one!.......................

wait for it........................

the computer bag on the table.

Congrats. Now be sure to remove the black plastic protector or people will laugh at you (i know from personal experience)

stevo

Calm like a Bomb..
    I would love to take it off. Do I have to remove the cassette to take it off or can I cut it off

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Do it right. Remove the casette. All you need is a chain whip and a cassette lockring tool.
    Make sure that you understand how to adjust the derailleur and how to check that it won't shift into the spokes. Park tool has info on all that and removing the casette too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great looking bike. Now get out there and get it dirty.

Scary Teddy Bear

Nice

bike..that's really nice, yeah, you need to remove the dork disc.

The Aksium's are awesome too, more aero than Kysriums and pretty bombproof, the only hegative is they're kind of heavy.

The Tarmac's are nice, I like them and have considered picking one up, but I might go custom for my next bike.....my wife has told me no more for awhile though, unless I want to sell one...and I can't do that..they're all like my kids....but I digress, nice ride brother, enjoy.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    I say leave teh dork disc and and drop the people who laugh at you. He who laugh last...

Aug 2005
    Very nice. I've never even ridden one! Saddle looks forward a bit. Did you get carefully fitted? The more years I ride, the further back I put my saddle!

You'll need to post a cognizant and thorough road test with your joyful impressions.

Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
    Your saddle and bar tape match the buddha candle, it's nice.

Jul 2007
    Very nice!

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Very nice. Enjoy.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.