Finally got a road bike!
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006

Finally got a road bike!

I've been riding mountain bikes for quite some time and had a second wheelset with 1.25" slicks for road duty but I finally broke down and bought a road bike. I ended up with a Specialized Allez Comp. It's my first real road bike and I'm loving it so far...

I've been lurking here for a few weeks but thought I'd finally introduce myself and start posting. I'm a little bummed to have not gone riding this morning but I sprained my ankle pretty badly on Thursday (got x-rays, nothing broke) so I'm trying to keep quiet for a little while. I may try to get out for a ride sometime tomorrow. The pain is starting to lessen so cycling should be possible again soon...

-Bryan

Jan 2006
    Welcome to the world of road cycling! I also come from a mountain bike background and never thought I would ever enjoy road cycling but once you get on a road bike and feel the speed then you get addicted, then there goes your pay check for the rest of your life!

banned
    The delight you find w/ the mtn bike's twitchy responce on the trail will echo what you feel in your road bike's light effortless motion on the street as your road bike proves its purpose. The "light as a feather" effect is amazing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    Yeah, you're both right....road riding has been a blast so far! Several of my buddies had been bugging me to get a road bike for quite some time but I was concerned that road riding would be boring so I put it off. I did some road riding on my mountain bike with slicks on my spare wheelset but there's nothing like road bike gearing and light weight.

I'm really enjoying it....not to rehab the ankle....should be good to go soon!