Trek_5200
    Good news from American
  • 05-23-2019
    DaveG
    Quote:
    This is good, except for folks that travel with antlers and scuba tanks
  • 05-23-2019
    202cycle
    So there's actually one good thing about American Airlines? Good to know.
  • 05-23-2019
    ljvb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    This is good, except for folks that travel with antlers and scuba tanks

As a Scuba diver, I can say with certainty, most don't travel with tanks, or their weights. They will typically rent those from wherever they are going, bringing with them their regulators/bc/swimgear/etc.
  • 05-23-2019
    Akirasho
    Thank God they won't bump my bike.
  • 05-24-2019
    chad.trent
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    As a Scuba diver, I can say with certainty, most don't travel with tanks, or their weights. They will typically rent those from wherever they are going, bringing with them their regulators/bc/swimgear/etc.

That was my thought as well. Honestly until I started diving trimix I never even owned my own tanks. I always just rented them from wherever I was diving.
  • 05-24-2019
    ljvb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chad.trent View Post
    That was my thought as well. Honestly until I started diving trimix I never even owned my own tanks. I always just rented them from wherever I was diving.

You are considered a minority among divers. I don't have numbers, but I would guess the vast majority don't go past the initial Open Water certification. I never went past NAUI Open Water 1 and 2 (South Africa), and then in the US the initial PADI certification (went through it with my GF, now wife). Deepwater dives are specialties, and that requires special equipment which most resort dive shops probably won't have. So you'll have to bring it with you..