Good road cycling hydration pack? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    banned
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkyle90 View Post
    Im looking for a nice hydration pack like a camelbak. I want something that is small, but able to hold a spare tube/wallet and keys. I obviously need to carry a mini pump too. If it can fit in the pack that would be a plus.

thanks, Kyle
    Kyle,
    Because road cycling requires holding the same body position for long periods you'll roast on warm days unless you have a mesh suspension system. I have a Osprey airspeed pack that is ideal for road biking as well as mountain biking on hot days. I use it on long rides in the mountains where the weather can change quickly (need raincoat and food as well as the items you mentioned)

You can get it on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Osprey-Packs-...%2C217&sr=8-11

If you look closely at the photo you will see the mesh suspension that holds the pack roughly an inch off of your jersey/ back

RoadBikeReview Member
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSolo View Post
    Kyle,
    Because road cycling requires holding the same body position for long periods you'll roast on warm days unless you have a mesh suspension system. I have a Osprey airspeed pack that is ideal for road biking as well as mountain biking on hot days. I use it on long rides in the mountains where the weather can change quickly (need raincoat and food as well as the items you mentioned)

You can get it on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Osprey-Packs-...%2C217&sr=8-11

If you look closely at the photo you will see the mesh suspension that holds the pack roughly an inch off of your jersey/ back
    Well said! I have almost the same Osprey pack. I havenít used it on a road ride but I do some longer beach rides on the mtb and the mesh with the airflow design makes a noticeable difference. Beach rides have you out in the open under the sun all the time. Itís also windy and you can feel the relief definitively. For the road I donít see the need for me, I live on the Jersey Shore so if 2 bottles isnít enough I have ample opportunity to get more water...
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123