Great gel seat! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great gel seat!

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    My Puppet, are you are serious? " chafe my shoulders" ?
    My Troll, why don't you just go away? Nobody here takes your poor advice. You have been proven wrong here numerous times on numerous occasions, yet you double down with the same tired BS.
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    With cycling shorts, you really do get what you pay for, I doubt you will find better bang for the buck than Pearl Izumi. The density and thickness of the chamois is what makes the difference. If you watch Amazon, prices vary - pick a pair and put them on your list and pounce when the price drops.
    Pearl Izumi are good shorts for sure. However, go with the Attack line or higher. The Quest line and lower is junk.

The Attack shorts are on sale right now for $60. You won't do better than that for a quality pair of shorts:

https://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/sho...ort/p/11112008
    Last edited by Lombard; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:21 AM.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyheathhays View Post
    Any other ideas on who makes a decent inexpensive pair?
    What is 'inexpensive'? To me inexpensive shorts are $100+
    Give your budget and someone can give you advice. Otherwise everyone is wasting their time.

Remember, you said "I understand how important it is to have quality equipment"

Do NOT skimp on shorts. You'll be sorry and just waste your money and have to buy another pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    With cycling shorts, you really do get what you pay for
    ^^^^^^^
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Pearl Izumi are good shorts for sure. However, go with the Attack line or higher. The Quest line and lower is junk.

The Attack shorts are on sale right now for $60. You won't do better than that for a quality pair of shorts:

Agree - that's a good deal and you aren't getting anything worth buying for less than that - you will be Amazed by the difference, trust me (us)!
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

Russian Troll Farmer
    I'm on a lot of forums and rarely have I seen one of my questions answered so thoroughly, so thanks again! Glad the advice direction is so united as well as there's no doubt what I need to do...get the bike shorts!

Sorry to say I'm definitely gonna have to go inexpensive here so I appreciate the Pearl Izumi suggestion. Any other ideas on who makes a decent inexpensive pair?
    Well, I've had good luck on Amazon with some of the better (more expensive) shorts sold there; got a nice pair for $40, so i'm saving about $20 off what a cheaper Pearl Izumi costs. But, for the most part, the stuff for sale on amazon looks pretty crappy.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Sorry to say I'm definitely gonna have to go inexpensive here so I appreciate the Pearl Izumi suggestion. Any other ideas on who makes a decent inexpensive pair?
    I have Pearl Izumi shorts and like the price and quality. I've found better ones for less on eBay. They are Chinese brands and I've bought some at almost half price of Pearl Izumi. They work fine for me.

banned
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post

Great link ... whaat size do you wear?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    I'm about a 31 waist size so I guess that puts me into a Large short size. Pearl Izumi's sizing chart suggests going one size down for their clothing vs. whatever size you are for normal clothing. Hope that's right. So I'll probably be a medium in the Izumi shorts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm about a 31 waist size so I guess that puts me into a Large short size. Pearl Izumi's sizing chart suggests going one size down for their clothing vs. whatever size you are for normal clothing. Hope that's right. So I'll probably be a medium in the Izumi shorts.
    how tall and what do you weigh?
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    Great link ... whaat size do you wear?
    Medium. And you?

I'm a 33-34 waist, 5'10" and 170lbs and take a Medium. You would probably take either a Medium or a Small.

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    I'm 5'8" and 155 lbs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm 5'8" and 155 lbs.
    I would go with a medium size then
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12