Thread: Greetings!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018

Greetings!

Greetings all, took my first ride on my first road bike today. Just a quick 10 miles to get the feel and make some adjustments.

I have been mountain biking a lot for the last couple years and I wanted to change it up a bit. I was referred to this site from MTBR. Looking forward to gaining knowledge on this forum and meeting people during this chapter.

Cheers, Frank M.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greetings!-20181013_094620.jpg  
    Last edited by LindenWay; 10-15-2018 at 07:52 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LindenWay View Post
    Greetings all, took my first ride on my first road bike today. Just a quick 10 miles to get the feel and make some adjustments.

I have been mountain biking a lot for the last couple years and I wanted to change it up a bit. I was referred to this site from MTBR. Looking forward to gaining knowledge on this forum and meeting people during this chapter.

Cheers, Frank M.
    Welcome aboard. When you have a question, first do a search (it might have been discussed just last week) and then post in the right sub-forum. You'll get more relevant advice and less "coaching"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Welcome! Nice bike! And nice change-up, this pic is typically in front of white garage doors...
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Welcome! Nice bike! And nice change-up, this pic is typically in front of white garage doors...
    plus, the OP took the pic of the driveside of the bike!!!

Welcome to your winter home (if you live in a place where winter is winter).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    Think I'm going to love this bike. It was shipped to me and after I finished the assembly I got it so clean I had to bring it inside for the photo shoot. ;) I always try to show off the components or my carbon exhaust on my motorcycle so yes I am vain enough to shoot the correct side most of the time.

I don't experience winters but your'e not going to hear me say I love living in CA because I really really don't. I want to move some day because...not for this forum. But there are some really great places to ride and IMO riding season is just getting started.

The Slow One.
    That is a pretty impressive first road bike. Well done.

I don't know what part of California you're from (doesn't really matter, it being such a small state), but I was always impressed with the variety of group rides down there. Take advantage of the scene, because many parts of the country aren't so lucky in that regard.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
    That is a pretty impressive first road bike. Well done.

I don't know what part of California you're from (doesn't really matter, it being such a small state), but I was always impressed with the variety of group rides down there. Take advantage of the scene, because many parts of the country aren't so lucky in that regard.
    Thanks, will enjoy it while I can.

RoadBikeReview Member
    greetings right back

I love that bike , BTW.

and mountain biking is still a bit more fun ;)
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know