Have you been hit by a car? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Have you been hit by a car?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 57.35%
  • No

29 42.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not a climber
    I got left hooked. I was doing about 25mph down a small hill and the car turned right in front of me. I think they saw me at the last second and hit the brakes, stopping directly in my path. Locked up both wheels, tried to go around the back of them and hit the rear quarter panel, flipped over the car. They pulled up a bit, watched me stand up, and drove off. Based on the neighborhood, I'm guessing people with no insurance or no citizenship, or both.

RoadBikeReview Member
    maybe I am an outlier. Been riding bicycles since about 1972 and never been hit by a motor vehicle. However I once ran into the back of a hatchback when I was a kid. More recently my ratio of mtn bike:road bike time has gone over 1:1, meaning I am becoming less exposed to cars. Almost all my winter riding is on MTB, and now I find it annoying just hearing cars going by.
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was hit back in 2012 from behind by an SUV at speed. Broke my Seven Axiom Ti and my back in two places. Burst fracture of L3 and compression fracture of T12. Spent two years in physical therapy to get out a wheelchair and be able to walk unassisted. Then, this past summer, one of the rods broke when I stooped down to pick up a fabric softener sheet.

Attachment 324784
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have you been hit by a car?-broken_rod.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyDoc View Post
    I was hit back in 2012 from behind by an SUV at speed. Broke my Seven Axiom Ti and my back in two places. Burst fracture of L3 and compression fracture of T12. Spent two years in physical therapy to get out a wheelchair and be able to walk unassisted. Then, this past summer, one of the rods broke when I stooped down to pick up a fabric softener sheet.

Attachment 324784
    your x ray is enuff to make me wwwwoooooozzz…….aaaahh...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Definitely a life changing injury but I am walking again and even riding a bit. Still a lot of aches and pains and I rarely sleep more than in 2-3 hour blocks. I'll keep riding until I can't do it any longer. Been a roadie for 33 years.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Definitely a life changing injury but I am walking again and even riding a bit. Still a lot of aches and pains and I rarely sleep more than in 2-3 hour blocks. I'll keep riding until I can't do it any longer. Been a roadie for 33 years.
    I appreciate your resolve and attitude.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Wow. A stronger soul than I.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123