Hello

Printable View

• 12-02-2019
    f_murray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    Yeah, this is not a great idea. You need to calibrate your sarcasm detector a bit.

So it's okay for others to attack me personally and my bike, but not okay for me to issue a legit challenge? That's very interesting indeed. Next time I will simply attack. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • 12-02-2019
    duriel
    I think it would be something to show up for the ride on that bike, with the red satan outfit. ...or maybe a santa suit in a couple of weeks.

Now, if you did that post a picture. Otherwise what is the program?

It's a lot red, but I am tired of BLACK!
  • 12-02-2019
    f_murray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    I think it would be something to show up for the ride on that bike, with the red satan outfit. ...or maybe a santa suit in a couple of weeks.

Now, if you did that post a picture. Otherwise what is the program?

It's a lot red, but I am tired of BLACK!

Although my main bike is RED, one of my other bikes is black and the other one is blue. My kit is mostly black. Say what you will, but can you back it up on your bike, whatever color it is? For some of you I would guess that you cannot. 'Nough said.
  • 12-02-2019
    duriel
    There is always someone faster....
  • 12-02-2019
    ogre
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    Yeah, this is not a great idea. You need to calibrate your sarcasm detector a bit.

One poster said to the OP that he looks like a total idiot and one followed up saying he was more of a doosh. Why didnít those statements draw a comment? I thought that direct insults werenít tolerated.
  • 12-02-2019
    f_murray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    One poster said to the OP that he looks like a total idiot and one followed up saying he was more of a doosh. Why didnít those statements draw a comment? I thought that direct insults werenít tolerated.

Thank you ogre. Exactly my question. Seems to be a double standard here. Quite the toxic atmosphere.
  • 12-02-2019
    Lombard
    I have to agree with Ogre and F_Murray on this one. A new member introduces himself by posting a pic of his pride and joy. Then two veteran posters go for the jugular mocking fun of his bike.

Granted that F_Murray's use of the word "d!ck" may have been poor judgment, but otherwise why should he take abuse without calling out the abusers?

Coolhand, I have to disagree with you for calling F_Murray out without calling out No Time Toulouse and PBL450 as well.
  • 12-02-2019
    bmach
    Maybe these attacking type posts one reason why this place is dying? Great way to chase away newbies!
  • 12-02-2019
    bvber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bmach View Post
    Maybe these attacking type posts one reason why this place is dying?

I thought the forum software problem was the reason why many members left. :confused5:
  • 12-03-2019
    f_murray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bmach View Post
    Maybe these attacking type posts one reason why this place is dying? Great way to chase away newbies!

Yup. This is the first forum I have been on where I received such a negative and insulting "welcome". It really gives the Road Cycling community a bad name. It only takes one or two to ruin it for everyone . . .
  • 12-03-2019
    duriel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by f_murray View Post
    It only takes one or two to ruin it for everyone . . .

That is ridiculous, HTFU.
  • 12-03-2019
    f_murray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    That is ridiculous, HTFU.

LOL, proves my point.