Look Keo Carbon Fiber Blade Pedals
    Selle Italia 120 Gram Saddle

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/at...d=326331&stc=1
  • 11-22-2019
    ROAD&DIRT
    Welcome aboard murray, now ride the heck out of that bike :thumbsup:
  • 11-22-2019
    PBL450
    Welcome to RBR f_ m, lets get started on the right RBR foot... that bike is awful looking. Tires and bar tape should match saddle... Tires should always be black.
  • 11-23-2019
    bvber
    What if he is a fireman and he wanted his bike to reflect that?
  • 11-23-2019
    SPlKE
    To this day, I can't understand why people blow good money on bikes that are not Orange.

And then throw good money after bad by adding more Not-Orange components.

Sad!
  • 11-23-2019
    Srode
    Welcome, red is faster!
  • 11-23-2019
    Lombard
    Red bikes are faster than orange or black.
  • 11-24-2019
    PBL450
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Welcome, red is faster!

True. And that bike is faster than a lightening strike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 11-24-2019
    SPlKE
    Not to be pedantic, but Orange, specifically this Orange, is fastest. And if the Orange bike also happens to be sporting a NOS Campy Chorus 8-spd setup, so much the faster.

https://i.postimg.cc/d1sm0bDL/2012-0...7-21-08-79.jpg
  • 11-24-2019
    J.R.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but Orange, specifically this Orange, is fastest. And if the Orange bike also happens to be sporting a NOS Campy Chorus 8-spd setup, so much the faster.

The only way the orange bike could be the fastest is if it had Pit Bull Pedals!
  • 11-24-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

... goes without saying.
  • 11-24-2019
    colnagoG60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

https://i.postimg.cc/d1sm0bDL/2012-0...7-21-08-79.jpg

I just lost what little cartilage I have left in my knees just looking at that gearing.
  • 11-24-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    I just lost what little cartilage I have left in my knees just looking at that gearing.

It's Olde Skool Knee-Mutilator Gearing, to be sure.

But I hereby vow that the day I can't push a 53-12 to 85 RPM (on a downhill, of course :D) will be the day I stop using 53-12.
  • 11-24-2019
    No Time Toulouse
    Anybody think it odd that, on the same day, 2 newb's first post say the same thing, "thank you for adding me to your forum"?
  • 11-24-2019
    bvber
    Possibly sleepers?
  • 11-25-2019
    ROAD&DIRT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

Oh boy... don't alert Bit Bull your marketing his pedals over here :cryin:
  • 11-26-2019
    jetdog9
    The other "Hello" user's bike is exactly the same picture as one from a site that supposedly sells bikes for charity to send Cambodian kids to school, and that user's other post is in the Pitbull thread praising the idea of the Pitbull pedal... I vote sock puppets both.
  • 11-26-2019
    PBL450
    O, OK, if Iím not offending an actual bike owner, that is the butt ugliest bike ever. Hideous. Itís only saving grace is that is that the essential core of its hideousness is that itís red. REALLY, REALLY RED!
  • 11-26-2019
    f_murray
    Wow, what a nice community...not. I simply joined, posted hello, and a picture of my bike.

Not nice at all.

And btw, it's my current bike. Other bikes include a Giant TCR Zero with Dura Ace and an old school Miele steel bike with Campy.
  • 11-26-2019
    jetdog9
    We're cynical for a reason... post more real posts and give some more info about yourself and folks might believe in you.

As somebody in this thread or the other one mentioned, 2 "newbies titling their first post Hello" in one day raises eyebrows and the other one at least is quite suspicious.
  • 11-26-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by f_murray View Post
    Wow, what a nice community...not. I simply joined, posted hello, and a picture of my bike.

Not nice at all.

And btw, it's my current bike. Other bikes include a Giant TCR Zero with Dura Ace and an old school Miele steel bike with Campy.

I just want it noted for my permanent personnel record that I responded with serious posts about how my Orange bike, all Orange bikes, are measurably faster than any stupid red bike.

Stick around. We're a fun bunch of cynical old farts, once you get to know us.

:D

And if you stay here long enough, you too can become a cynical old fart! I was an optimistic 23 year old when I joined RBR in 2007. Now I'm pushing 65 and suspicious of everybody and everything. I've learned so much here. It's all good!
  • 11-27-2019
    Lombard
    Quote:

Not nice at all.

Welcome to the internet where anonymity breeds hostility! :D

You will meet all types here. Browse the forums, ask questions and most importantly, ride the f*** out of your bike!
  • 11-27-2019
    Coolhand
    Quote:

Not nice at all.

ooh- details on the old school Miele?
  • 11-27-2019
    f_murray
    Steel Miele (Burgundy colour) with 8 Speed Campy. Selle Italia saddle, carbon fiber seat post. Shimano WH-540 wheels with Eclypse tires. Was my Ex-Race bike, turned into my winter bike once fenders were added.
  • 11-27-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

Steel Miele (Burgundy colour) with 8 Speed Campy. Selle Italia saddle, carbon fiber seat post. Shimano WH-540 wheels with Eclypse tires. Was my Ex-Race bike, turned into my winter bike once fenders were added.

8-speed campy? Now you're talking my language. My road bike is all NOS 8-spd Campy Record & Chorus. I keep it clean and dialed in. Shifts like butter. Silent, swift, smooth, fast.

I was about to buy a bunch of campy 11 stuff from probikekit when the dollar was strong against the pound. I actually bought a bunch of NOS 10-spd campy chorus and record, thinking I'd convert to the 21st century campy stuff. But I sold it all. Why? I couldn't determine what was missing with my 8-spd, which was worth all the money and hassle of upgrading -- I never wished my campy 8 did something like have more gears to choose from. So I'm still Campy 8. And happy as a clam every time I ride.

FYI... I run SRAM 9-spd chains, since campy chains are stupidly expensive. The SRAM 9s are perfectly compatible with the campy 8.