Dura Ace C50 Wheels
    Shimano 105 / Ultegra Mix
    Giant Carbon Fiber Aero Seat Post
    Look Keo Carbon Fiber Blade Pedals
    Selle Italia 120 Gram Saddle

Attached Images Attached Images

Never Give Up!
    Welcome aboard murray, now ride the heck out of that bike
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Welcome to RBR f_ m, lets get started on the right RBR foot... that bike is awful looking. Tires and bar tape should match saddle... Tires should always be black.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    What if he is a fireman and he wanted his bike to reflect that?

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    To this day, I can't understand why people blow good money on bikes that are not Orange.

And then throw good money after bad by adding more Not-Orange components.

Sad!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Welcome, red is faster!
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

[REDACTED]
    Red bikes are faster than orange or black.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Welcome, red is faster!
    True. And that bike is faster than a lightening strike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Not to be pedantic, but Orange, specifically this Orange, is fastest. And if the Orange bike also happens to be sporting a NOS Campy Chorus 8-spd setup, so much the faster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but Orange, specifically this Orange, is fastest. And if the Orange bike also happens to be sporting a NOS Campy Chorus 8-spd setup, so much the faster.
    The only way the orange bike could be the fastest is if it had Pit Bull Pedals!

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    ... goes without saying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

I just lost what little cartilage I have left in my knees just looking at that gearing.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    I just lost what little cartilage I have left in my knees just looking at that gearing.
    It's Olde Skool Knee-Mutilator Gearing, to be sure.

But I hereby vow that the day I can't push a 53-12 to 85 RPM (on a downhill, of course ) will be the day I stop using 53-12.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Anybody think it odd that, on the same day, 2 newb's first post say the same thing, "thank you for adding me to your forum"?
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Possibly sleepers?

Never Give Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Oh boy... don't alert Bit Bull your marketing his pedals over here
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

Neophyte
    The other "Hello" user's bike is exactly the same picture as one from a site that supposedly sells bikes for charity to send Cambodian kids to school, and that user's other post is in the Pitbull thread praising the idea of the Pitbull pedal... I vote sock puppets both.

RoadBikeReview Member
    O, OK, if I’m not offending an actual bike owner, that is the butt ugliest bike ever. Hideous. It’s only saving grace is that is that the essential core of its hideousness is that it’s red. REALLY, REALLY RED!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2019
    Wow, what a nice community...not. I simply joined, posted hello, and a picture of my bike.

Not nice at all.

And btw, it's my current bike. Other bikes include a Giant TCR Zero with Dura Ace and an old school Miele steel bike with Campy.

Neophyte
    We're cynical for a reason... post more real posts and give some more info about yourself and folks might believe in you.

As somebody in this thread or the other one mentioned, 2 "newbies titling their first post Hello" in one day raises eyebrows and the other one at least is quite suspicious.
    Last edited by jetdog9; 1 Week Ago at 05:11 PM.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by f_murray View Post
    Wow, what a nice community...not. I simply joined, posted hello, and a picture of my bike.

Not nice at all.

And btw, it's my current bike. Other bikes include a Giant TCR Zero with Dura Ace and an old school Miele steel bike with Campy.
    I just want it noted for my permanent personnel record that I responded with serious posts about how my Orange bike, all Orange bikes, are measurably faster than any stupid red bike.

Stick around. We're a fun bunch of cynical old farts, once you get to know us.

And if you stay here long enough, you too can become a cynical old fart! I was an optimistic 23 year old when I joined RBR in 2007. Now I'm pushing 65 and suspicious of everybody and everything. I've learned so much here. It's all good!

[REDACTED]

Not nice at all.

Welcome to the internet where anonymity breeds hostility!

You will meet all types here. Browse the forums, ask questions and most importantly, ride the f*** out of your bike!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

flinty-eyed moderator

Not nice at all.

ooh- details on the old school Miele?
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2019
    Steel Miele (Burgundy colour) with 8 Speed Campy. Selle Italia saddle, carbon fiber seat post. Shimano WH-540 wheels with Eclypse tires. Was my Ex-Race bike, turned into my winter bike once fenders were added.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Steel Miele (Burgundy colour) with 8 Speed Campy. Selle Italia saddle, carbon fiber seat post. Shimano WH-540 wheels with Eclypse tires. Was my Ex-Race bike, turned into my winter bike once fenders were added.
    8-speed campy? Now you're talking my language. My road bike is all NOS 8-spd Campy Record & Chorus. I keep it clean and dialed in. Shifts like butter. Silent, swift, smooth, fast.

I was about to buy a bunch of campy 11 stuff from probikekit when the dollar was strong against the pound. I actually bought a bunch of NOS 10-spd campy chorus and record, thinking I'd convert to the 21st century campy stuff. But I sold it all. Why? I couldn't determine what was missing with my 8-spd, which was worth all the money and hassle of upgrading -- I never wished my campy 8 did something like have more gears to choose from. So I'm still Campy 8. And happy as a clam every time I ride.

FYI... I run SRAM 9-spd chains, since campy chains are stupidly expensive. The SRAM 9s are perfectly compatible with the campy 8.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast