Hello

Thread: Hello

Two wheel nomad
    Aug 2014

Hello

Hello and thanks for adding me to the group, I hope to glen the minds of many bicycling nomads

riding a 1985 Raleigh kodiak touring bicycle
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Welcome to the forum Bebop! Let’s start out right... That handlebar position is trippy. It looks like you have a fit problem...
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Russian Troll Farmer
    To be an official member here, you MUST remove that dorky reflector and those rat-trap pedals. The internet has spoken....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    To be an official member here, you MUST remove that dorky reflector and those rat-trap pedals. The internet has spoken....
    The dork disc isn’t a sin but the improper bidon is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Anybody think it odd that, on the same day, 2 newb's first post say the same thing, "thank you for adding me to your forum"? Oh, and this one has been a member here for 5 years, without a single post?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Anybody think it odd that, on the same day, 2 newb's first post say the same thing, "thank you for adding me to your forum"? Oh, and this one has been a member here for 5 years, without a single post?
    Agreed.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I've alerted the authorities.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

flinty-eyed moderator
    I am watching- I want to see where this goes. . .
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    No, Toulouse, he's got toe clips and straps. He just tightens the strap and don't need no wimpy SPD cleats or special shoes. Superior technology.

When rider finally goes down and bends the pedal cage, he can replace it without breaking the bank.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Hello and thanks for adding me to the group, I hope to glen the minds of many bicycling nomads

riding a 1985 Raleigh kodiak touring bicycle
    Right purty bike, OP. Roll those bars down so you can rest the hands on the hoods, and level the saddle or you'll be sorry. That's why you have the bars tilted up, to keep the upper body from falling forward, right?

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Right purty bike, OP. Roll those bars down so you can rest the hands on the hoods, and level the saddle or you'll be sorry. That's why you have the bars tilted up, to keep the upper body from falling forward, right?
    No, that makes it easier to ride with a beer in one hand....

Neophyte
    So far, the picture of the bike is from an outdated ad on a site that says proceeds for its bike sales sends kids to school in Southeast Asia... and the user's other post is in praise of Pitbull pedal design. A little fishy to me.

Upside: The post has reminded me I should pull my dad's old Armstrong down from the rafters and give it a ride this weekend.
    Last edited by jetdog9; 1 Week Ago at 12:09 PM.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Mind: glenned.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Mind: glenned.
    "Glean" the minds? But that would mean getting what was left behind, wouldn't it? Taking the scraps?

Proud luddite
    Love the wheels with 3000 spokes on each.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    "Glean" the minds? But that would mean getting what was left behind, wouldn't it? Taking the scraps?
    I'm hoping Bebop will be able to glen your mind, as s/he has done to my mind.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Agreed.
    Possibly. But innocent until proven guilty. Maybe Coolhand can check the IP address on both posts?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Possibly. But innocent until proven guilty. Maybe Coolhand can check the IP address on both posts?
    So were the two 'Hello and thanks for adding me to the group' threads a total bizarro coincidence? Is that why the other 'Hello' thread was locked?

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    So were the two 'Hello and thanks for adding me to the group' threads a total bizarro coincidence? Is that why the other 'Hello' thread was locked?
    Don't know why the other "Hello" thread was locked and not this one. The OP there was the last one to post and Coolhand didn't post a reason for closing the thread like he usually does. The OP on this thread never returned since his first post.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

flinty-eyed moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Yes- very strange coincidence based on my review. And the other thread had devolved sufficiently to call it a day before it went all the way off the cliff. You are free to start a new thread if there were some concepts or discussions you want to extend however.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.