how to I view all replies to a post?
    I heart team Zissou!

how to I view all replies to a post?

On the old *better* forum, you could easily display all threads and their replies in nested order. Now it seems, you can only view all thread starters and the number of replies. Anyone know if you can have the top page display all thread titles *and* thread response titles.... Sure seemed a much more intuitive format. This new format is just giving me a headache -- oh well, I guess there is still velonews.com

Thanks

A+
    Philippe

May 2002
    In the UserCP select Edit Options. Somewhere in the middle of the options page you'll find Thread Display Options. I think Hybrid is the closest to what you have in mind.

I heart team Zissou!

thanks -- but how do I get the "cascading thread" view in the general forum top ....

Quote Originally Posted by divve
    In the UserCP select Edit Options. Somewhere in the middle of the options page you'll find Thread Display Options. I think Hybrid is the closest to what you have in mind.
    thanks -- but how do I get the "cascading thread" view in the general forum top (or entry) window.... what I would like to see is the same set up as in the old forum where when you first came in, you could see all the thread titlkes and their responses in a nested/cascading view. I don't want to waste my time opening every single thread to see what is underneath!

A+

Philippe

May 2002
    I'm afraid you can't.

check out the podium

I thought that this one was a ***** too but....

...once you get used to it the advantages are clear. The main thread list tracks for you threads you've visited and if there have been any further posts. So you can just go to them. And once the thread is open, that is it, you don't have to click on each individual entry like before. All of the pictures in the thread just appear as you scroll down.

There are other features that I'm sure will show their value in the future as well, such as the personal message section.
    http://legolord.blogspot.com/

early registration is worth hundreds of hours of training

-avatar photo courtesy of hup united

Feb 2004
    disagree, in the past alot of replies were generated by the replies, seeing all thread outlines was essential. Some threads had replies 10-20 levels deep. Lack of it will kill interest but maybe RBR doesn't care about posters coming/reading/posting
    Always Look At the Bright Side of Life Monty Python, Life of Brian

B2
    You talking to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by myette10
    ...once you get used to it the advantages are clear. The main thread list tracks for you threads you've visited and if there have been any further posts. So you can just go to them. And once the thread is open, that is it, you don't have to click on each individual entry like before. All of the pictures in the thread just appear as you scroll down.

There are other features that I'm sure will show their value in the future as well, such as the personal message section.
    I think the problem is that although you can see there has been a new posting to a thread, you have to actually open the individual thread to see it was from a known troll or simply a "LMAO", etc. The ability to view selectively is no more.

Bryan

Off the back

That's exactly it

The ability to NM reply, read short comments in subject line only, etc. That's why I gravitated here and not the other forae.

Jun 2003
    yep. this sucks. Being able to see all initial responses is how i would decide if a thread was worth
    opening. Oh well, looks like we're buying the sizzle and not the steak.