Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

HRM/Computer recommendations?

752 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bocephus Jones 
#1 ·
I've researched the archives on this board, but I thought that I'd ask again.
I've been using a Specialized P-Brain, which has been pretty cool -- HRM functions (1 zone, max hr, avg hr, time in zone), cyclometer functions (speed, elapsed time, avg speed, max speed, altimeter), and PC downloadable, but I've had to replace the unit itself (under warranty, thankfully), and now the strap apparently has crapped out again, and I've wanted a computer that can do some kind of split times or interval times. I guess the Polar 720i is a logical choice, and I was looking at the Ciclisport HAC 4. Any recommendations?

#2 ·
bill said:
I've researched the archives on this board, but I thought that I'd ask again.
I've been using a Specialized P-Brain, which has been pretty cool -- HRM functions (1 zone, max hr, avg hr, time in zone), cyclometer functions (speed, elapsed time, avg speed, max speed, altimeter), and PC downloadable, but I've had to replace the unit itself (under warranty, thankfully), and now the strap apparently has crapped out again, and I've wanted a computer that can do some kind of split times or interval times. I guess the Polar 720i is a logical choice, and I was looking at the Ciclisport HAC 4. Any recommendations?
I've had my Polar 720i for a short time now and I think it works as advertised. I'm happy with it. Have heard others with problems and the HAC4--bad software and manuals mainly,but have no personal experience with it. For HRM I am pretty brand loyal to Polar. They are just much better than the others I've regrettably tried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.