Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I hope everyone has a happy Turkey Day. 50 degrees here, not a cloud in the sky, and I got in 90 minutes on gravel. Dinner in about an hour.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Don't know if we've devolved into the typical disc vs rim brake or chain-lube recommendation thread yet but 25's on the rears of my road bikes are between 85 and 92, the lower psi with a tubeless setup, and that's at just over 200 pounds.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Every thread that FF starts and/or participates in seems to degenerate to his level.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Every thread that FF starts and/or participates in seems to degenerate to his level.
    If you're really not lombard, which I know you are, you sure do whine like him.

Out riding.
    80psi is fine in 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Apparently not as much as it affected you. Now you're going after CXWrench aa well. Poor baby.
    What is going on here. It looks like the world's tinniest violin.

Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    If you're really not lombard, which I know you are, you sure do whine like him.
    Whining? No. Stating fact. I'm not complaining, you don't bother me. You're just kind of dumb, that's all.

Rub it............
    Gotta stop feeding the troll. If you do, he will go back under the bridge.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Whining? No. Stating fact. I'm not complaining, you don't bother me. You're just kind of dumb, that's all.
    Kind of???

We need to start a new thread: What is your favorite Factory Feel troll thread? I don't know about you all, but this one is my all-time favorite:

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/co...le-351419.html

I'm still waiting for him to report back to us about those 11-speed chains on his 8 and 9 speed bikes!
    Last edited by Lombard; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:30 AM.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

banned
    Nov 2009
    Rent free.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    Gotta stop feeding the troll. If you do, he will go back under the bridge.
    Not all trolls require food. They still keep troll'n along.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

banned
    Nov 2009
    Troll troll troll your boat.....

Cx-Lombard

RoadBikeReview Member
    Troll troll troll your boat.....

Cx-Lombard
    So did you ever try those 11-speed chains you made such a stink about? Do tell!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

a real member's member
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    I was ready to abandon this thread forever until U posted this. Now I'll wait for the bikini/g-string versions (with whipped cream or latex or hell, anything else to break the monotony).

banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    I've heard of split personalities.

Is cx login the brunette and lombard the blonde?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    I was ready to abandon this thread forever until U posted this. Now I'll wait for the bikini/g-string versions (with whipped cream or latex or hell, anything else to break the monotony).
    Mud, we need mud - or Jello
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

banned
    Sep 2015
    No he isn't. FF is normal. He likes to play like normal people. He doesn't view cycling like a trip to the dentist like you do cx. And you aren't cycling illiterate. You merely have low tolerance for others that don't comport with your sense of normalcy.
    You could go into therapy...you should to sort this out. Understand the root of your intolerance which is likely based upon not feeling loved.
    Life is hard. Lighten up and let others play. FF is hilarious and adds great humor to a sometimes hapless forum which should be fun.

Let me ask you something cx. Do you like Howard Stern? Of course you don't. Howard Stern is life bro. The good, the bad and the very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuxl_Pb_sY
    Last edited by 11spd; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:12 PM.

I love Stern, just haven't listed to him since he went satellite. I like fun just as much as the next guy but many of his posts are just trying to rile someone up. I guess I'm the current target.
    I don't need therapy to understand I'm not tolerant of certain things. Not being loved isn't a worry of mine, trust me. I have a lot of friends and I get along well w/ lots of different personalities...even at work. But, like anyone, there are personalities I don't get along with. You and FF are similar in some ways...and there you go.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You and FF are similar in some ways...and there you go.
    Yep. Two very unfunny trolls who have had at least 3 posting vacations each. Neither is normal.

banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Yep. Two very unfunny trolls who have had at least 3 posting vacations each. Neither is normal.
    The funny thing about this is lombard is the one who started all the crap by calling me a Troll.

And he then blames me when the train goes off the tracks.

Out riding.
    Cool story bro... next time you want to have a rant do us a favor and use the private messages for that. No one here actually cares about how you feel

banned
    Sep 2015
    I love Stern, just haven't listed to him since he went satellite. I like fun just as much as the next guy but many of his posts are just trying to rile someone up. I guess I'm the current target.
    I don't need therapy to understand I'm not tolerant of certain things. Not being loved isn't a worry of mine, trust me. I have a lot of friends and I get along well w/ lots of different personalities...even at work. But, like anyone, there are personalities I don't get along with. You and FF are similar in some ways...and there you go.
    Cool. If you love Stern, many hate the guy and don't get him, I believe there is hope for you. Seriously...just try, I know this maybe swimming up stream for you, but try to accept the world is made up of so many different types. So you can spend time getting upset that different types of people exist, or let it go, embrace it and in fact be thankful that humanity isn't a monolith as its the diversity that makes it interesting. For example I generally enjoy your technical contributions. I think you know a fair amount about bicycles. But a suggestion is...don't upset the forum decorum by being affected by anybody here...an example, you being a traffic cop to direct people with technical questions to the mechanics forum because posting technical questions on this this forum violates 'your' sense of correctness. Not mine. I don't go to the mechanics forum and I know a lot about bikes and can probably help most people with technical issues.

Truly in the spectrum of humanity, people that come here are 'way more alike' than different out in society. We share the common passion for cycling. Look how diverse a given bike club for example is in personality types. I tend to ride with better cyclists perhaps like you do who are really type A guys who like rip the legs off their friends ergo 'competitors' to prove how good they are. They are dead serious about it. These are basically emotionally deprived, hapless guys who try to use their bike to beat others to feel good about themselves. Maybe you are one of these guys...or not. Bottom line, its a diverse world and embracing the madness will make you more sane than rebelling against it.

If you like Howard Stern, the original 'shock' jock, then there is room in your psyche for FF. He likes to play, and I do too and adds fun to the game.
    Last edited by 11spd; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:14 AM.

banned
    Sep 2015
    The funny thing about this is lombard is the one who started all the crap by calling me a Troll.

And he then blames me when the train goes off the tracks.
    Just don't engage him. Why lower yourself? Not worth it. I stopped. Some people you can't work with. Have fun with others who have a broader perspective. Let him post and laugh at his comments...lol.
    Last edited by 11spd; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:16 AM.

Out riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    Just don't engage him. Not worth it. I stopped. Some people you can't work with. Have fun with others who have a broader tolerance. Let him post and laugh at his comments...lol.
    Jesus Christ this is a mirror of another forum I'm on... Pick on the smart guy, who may be a little "socially challenged" (or just can't accept the fact that some people are naturally arseholes) until you wind them up and then score a cheap point when they finally say something stupid. How's about we don't go there...
    Last edited by 1500SLR; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:30 AM.

banned
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1500SLR View Post
    Jesus Christ this is a mirror of another forum I'm on... Pick on the smart guy, who may be a little "socially challenged" (or just can't accept the fact that some people are naturally arseholes) until you wind them up and then score a cheap point when they finally say something stupid. How's about we don't go there.
    What are you talking about? I am the smart guy with a masters degree in mechanical engineering and 30 years in product development. Nobody holds a candle to me. I am Mohamed on the mountain. And you want to know what?...lol.

I will tell you a little secret about me that gave me great insight into people at a young age. People have a VERY broad difference in talent level. Perhaps the biggest difference? Seeing talent in others. The secret about me was I was a child prodigy at playing pool. When I was 10 years old, I could beat most adults that weren't tournament players.
    So when I went to college, I hustled a lot of pool. Not proud of it, but preferred to play pool for money versus work my way through college.

One of the things I was always struck by...and it kind of morphs into your comments and even cx calling FF dumb, is really how dumb people are. I mean, they may have perspective in one area but be dumb as a post in another. So, I would walk into a pool room and ask around for a game and lay down and not show much speed and then get the bet up and take off people. I did this incrementally. I had so much talent to play pool. In fact, I could beat most people one handed and sometimes that is where we would end up. I could draw the ball like Earl Strickland. I had two great teachers that were world class players. What was I always astounded by? That people thought they could win. I could beat them easily. My insight into the game was so much deeper, truthfully, it was hard to even consider us playing the same game. Biggest mistake when I was young was controlling my ego. I wanted to show people how good I was. This always caused me to lose money because people would quit gambling with me before I got in their pocket.

That is the way people are. And somehow we have to get along. People are A to Z.
    But look at how toxic your comments are for example. Why is that? Because you don't concede people are quite diverse.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast