I got a FREE Titanium "barn find". Any info on manufacturer? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    He should throw a bunch of $20's in the street to protect his juju.
    Agreed. Help a few old ladies across the street, maybe...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    Tom K - Agreed!

Ding Dong TheBigGreen Witch Is Dead. WoW look at TIG's struggle?
    Ska! Great job!
    BTW (Lombard Can not Ride This Bike either... )
    LMAO
    Why are Posters posting about bikes they can't ride ???
    @Coolhand
    "Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." - Aaron Levenstein.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    So... getting the bike for free wasnít enough? Yeah, Iíd look a few extra times before crossing the street. Youíve used up your good mojo for a while.

Canít believe Iím going to respond to this but I feel I must as youíre painting quite a picture of me based on nothing except what you perceive. Itís disappointing as it wasnít the point of me starting this thread but in todayís day and age, there are always those who focus or drive conversation toward the negative: no matter the topic. Nothing in the world today can be left simply as it is: positive.

Ever have a friend who is more a brother than a friend? Like a guy youíd literally die for? Someone youíve known forever, been the best man at his wedding, party with, hang with when times are tough and also when times are good? A friend who is the first to call when you need help and the without thinking you are right next to them when they need help? A friend who you consider family? Well, thatís the situation I was in and I hope, for your sake you have someone like this too as it will help you understand.

Right from the start; you werenít there for the back and forth about how I didnít (and still donít) want this bike and how he INSISTED I take it. It was long. It was loud. There were curse words. It was relentless. I ended up conceding simply because heís busy as hell at his shop and I enjoy tinkering these kinds of projects, and, despite his insistence I envisioned giving it back, completely redone and ready to go. For the wall or to be ridden as a shop spare.

When I bring it, I already know itíll be another back and forth. I already know weíll be calling each other names again but, thatís how it is. He knew I was working on the bike. He gave it to me as a gift. When I went back for parts, he insisted again and we started all up again. I know that all that will be swallowed up in beer anyway so I didnít go too hard that time.

When your buddy needs a hand with something, do you hold your hand out and take cash? When they say ďoh man! Thanks for the help! I owe you one!Ē Do you say; ďyes you do.Ē and mean it? I think not. This is where I am only it involves a high end bike.

I actually started to get annoyed with the parts as he IS running a business so I didnít like that he was handing the stuff over and not getting the till fired up but there was no winning. He was smiling. He knew it was eating at me.

Karma. I would argue that karma (good karma, and if you believe in that sort of thing) is what got me the bike in the first place and that me giving it back after spending so many hours restoring it will only heighten it. I want nothing for my efforts either. Zero. Zilch. Nadda.

Who knows? Maybe after we argue for another 30 minutes weíll discuss a charity auction instead. That would be cool. Howís that for karma? It may very well happen. I can actually picture that.

In short, thanks for turning it all dark and pissing on my stoke and thanks tig for having a hand in highjacking the thread, turning it into a pissing match with some other members about climbs or whatever.

Youíre the best haha.

If I could delete this thread, I would. Itís useless.

Some people are a real drag.

I forgot why I ultra rarely post here. LOL I remember now.

Cheers.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ska! View Post
    Canít believe Iím going to respond to this but I feel I must as youíre painting quite a picture of me based on nothing except what you perceive.
    He was joking.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    He was joking.
    Gotta work on delivery I guess.

Banned Sock Puppet
    Opus is a good guy. I'm sure he didn't mean this as anything but joking.
    "Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." - Aaron Levenstein.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Opus is a good guy. I'm sure he didn't mean this as anything but joking.
    All good. Iíll enjoy this egg on my face.

What the what???

I got a FREE Titanium "barn find". Any info on manufacturer?

I guess so. But if you couldnít see that was a joke... I feel bad for whatís gonna happen when you misuse a comma or post a wheel question in the General forum around here.

Now, if youíll excuse me, Iím gonna take a spin in the Lamborghini my neighbor gave me for shoveling his sidewalk once last winter... ;)

Last edited by Opus51569; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:06 AM.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

Neophyte
    To summarize:

-This thread is not a waste-- great story, great bike, great pics, great outcome.

-There was an off-topic tangent in the thread that led to non-productive arguing that the mods could potentially take action on (c'mon folks, take a deep breath and be both smarter and nicer).

-OP misunderstood Opus' joke but they are all good now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    To summarize:

-This thread is not a waste-- great story, great bike, great pics, great outcome.

-There was an off-topic tangent in the thread that led to non-productive arguing that the mods could potentially take action on (c'mon folks, take a deep breath and be both smarter and nicer).

-OP misunderstood Opus' joke but they are all good now.
    ......and Opus is now ripping around his neighbourhood in his new Lambo.

Banned Sock Puppet
    ......and Opus is now ripping around his neighbourhood in his new Lambo.
    I knew you would come around. Welcome to the RBR looney bin. You're one of us now!

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Great restoration! Think you need a Flite saddle for Pegasus to take flight.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Walter Mitty is back.
    ... and off his meds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123