I think October's here. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    This is internet advice here but I really think you need to go back the the doctor, perhaps try someone else
    Sometimes sticking it out with the doc who is eliminating options is fine. So long as they still have things to look for. They tend to start with the common, then move to the uncommon, for obvious reasons.

Still, I would be likely to try someone else if the doc is stumped, or admits they don't have a good idea at this point. But make sure the new doc has the records of recent tests (which they should on a referral), and make sure to be ready to list symptoms in a concise manner when you meet. Writing things down, keeping a symptom log, that can be useful.

As for people saying not to seek advice from a cycling forum, I would suggest you rephrase. Don't ACT based on a cycling forum's advice. duriel is obviously going to an MD, not looking for something to do without seeking out medical professionals.

Asking can be good. Venting and talking it out is a good thing, a stress reliever for many. Sometimes an idea will come up that an MD can run with, often from a questions being asked that the MD never asked. Sometimes the experience other people had that is similar might lead to another option. Asking is not a problem at all, acting on it as gospel is stupid.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I went to a doctor, he said it was in my head (crazy!). Really, that is what he told me!
    My dad had TIA's, I'm thinking more it is in my head, but not the crazy kind.
    I'm going to a new doctor.
    The thing is, I have had some really bad about a year ago, and they are so sporatic, I keep hoping they'll go away.
    I've started another log, I'll get all the logs together before I go see the new doctor.
    Otherwise I haven't felt better in years... except I'm loosing a little top end, which wasn't a whole lot to begin with.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Where do you live ? If you live in crappy US it's time to move. Move to Sardinia,we have 96 years old folks here splitting woods,milking cows and walking 4 miles a day 7 days a week . Reaching 100 years of age is common. My mom is 74 and can still outrun her nephew..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Where do you live ? If you live in crappy US it's time to move. Move to Sardinia,we have 96 years old folks here splitting woods,milking cows and walking 4 miles a day 7 days a week . Reaching 100 years of age is common. My mom is 74 and can still outrun her nephew..
    Monaco has the highest life expectancy of any country. It helps to be super-rich

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    I went to a doctor, he said it was in my head (crazy!). Really, that is what he told me!
    My dad had TIA's, I'm thinking more it is in my head, but not the crazy kind.
    I'm going to a new doctor.
    The thing is, I have had some really bad about a year ago, and they are so sporatic, I keep hoping they'll go away.
    I've started another log, I'll get all the logs together before I go see the new doctor.
    Otherwise I haven't felt better in years... except I'm loosing a little top end, which wasn't a whole lot to begin with.
    If your doctor wasn't taking this seriously, it is absolutely time to find another one

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Monaco has the highest life expectancy of any country. It helps to be super-rich
    First time I hear about that. Again,people here in Sardinia that reach and pass the 100 years mark have been everything but rich.

https://singularityhub.com/2009/07/2...at1v1zia23ba4n

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12