iSSi Road Pedals
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018

iSSi Road Pedals

Anyone used the iSSi Road pedal? They seem like a good deal...unless they suck.

I am in the market for new pedals and am not married to the Shimanos I have used. In fact, I have only used Shimano, so I am open to other brands, but don't want to spend a mint.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    I've been on Speedplay Zero (originally X1) with walkable cleats for a long long time, and can't find a reason to change.

I bought some power meter pedals a while back, and hated the cleats so much that I sold the pedals and went back to Stages with Speedplays.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by billiegoat View Post
    Anyone used the iSSi Road pedal? They seem like a good deal...unless they suck.

I am in the market for new pedals and am not married to the Shimanos I have used. In fact, I have only used Shimano, so I am open to other brands, but don't want to spend a mint.

Shimanos have a sweet spot in price and performance...nvm cheap and readily-available cleats. Very little reason to use look-a-likes that aren't much cheaper.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    I have always used the R540s since I got my first road bike and was looking to upgrade maybe. My LBS said the most popular ones he sells are the Look Keo line, but also told me to check out the Time pedals since he has been liking them lately. Not sure what that means.

Seems I can get R8000 pedals for 130ish and Look Keo 2 Max Carbon for 119. Are those even noticeably "better" than the 105 version or non-carbon version? There is a small price premium for the higher end ones, but if you only get a tiny amount of improvement (that I probably wouldn't even notice anyway...) for the extra 20-30 bucks, doesn't seem worth it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    IIRC, R8000 is where Shimano starts to offer their 4mm longer axles if you happen to need them for fit purposes.

Banned forever.....or not
    It looks like they sell for $100....You can get a cheap Look Keo for $90, or a good one for $115...…..The iSSi pedal looks like something out of China.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I ride Look Keo CF Blades. One of the best splurge upgrades I ever made. I love those pedals. They are super light so they aren’t always nose up for clipping in but they have a fabulous, satisfying and confident “click” when you get in. They are also nice and small and simple looking.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    I run iSSi mountain pedals because they offer different pedal spindle lengths and Shimano doesn't. They work great. No complaints. For road I don't see a good reason not to use Shimano if the pedal spindle length options work well for your fit.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Not having tried these pedals, I took a look at their webpage. It seems that iSSi seems to make pedals which use other company's pedals, and offers them in a myriad of colors. From my experiences with off-brand Look-style pedals, they work, but they never let you forget they are cheap reproductions. Then they break.

If it's just color choices you want, you can always just paint your Shimano pedals.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Okay, so it looks like the assumption is they are cheap replicas.

Like I said, looking to upgrade to a new pedal, so it seems I can get the following for around the same price point, ish:

Time Xpro 10
    Time Xpresso whatever
    Look Keo 2 Max carbon
    Look keo 2 max blade
    Shimano Ultegra

I currently have Shimano low ends, but am not married to it. I have done literally ZERO maintenance on them for the last 10 years and have not had any problems. Maybe with some TLC I would notice improvement, but no complaints right now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have always used time pedals on my road bikes and the Time Xpressos are very good, but they are plastic and have sharp bits that could scratch things when not being used. They do offer good lateral and rotational float and are light. Cleats aren't that robust but I pretty much never walk on them and get two seasons out of a set. Easy in and out.
    https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...pedals-review/
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    It's full of factual errors. :nono: