jerseys w/ zippers non-exposed on the inside
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    53

    jerseys w/ zippers non-exposed on the inside

    At the risk of being called a wuss, does anyone know of any jerseys w/ zippers w/ some sort of cloth or something that covers them on the inside so you don't get irritated by the zipper? I've been wearing plain wicking t shirts since I bought a jersey that annoys me :-P

    Only time I've ever seen what I mean is on a Sugoi long sleeve jersey. They put what feels like felt cloth on the zipper so it doesn't contact you (I guess to keep you from feeling the cold metal in the winter). Their short sleeve jerseys don't have this feature though...

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    21,053

    Lots of them

    Many jerseys are designed as you request. The problem is that you never know which one is which until you hold it in your hands. Designs change all the time. Also, whether an exposed zipper will irritate depends on the zipper itself and how it was sewn in. Again, not something that is consistent by brand or model as they are always changing. If you go to a shop that has a good jersey selection, you'll see what I mean.

  3. #3

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,387

    Could possibly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons
    Many jerseys are designed as you request. The problem is that you never know which one is which until you hold it in your hands. Designs change all the time. Also, whether an exposed zipper will irritate depends on the zipper itself and how it was sewn in. Again, not something that is consistent by brand or model as they are always changing. If you go to a shop that has a good jersey selection, you'll see what I mean.
    You could also wear an Un-D shirt (like the ones by DeFeet) that go under your jersey, thereby alleviating the annoying zipper touching said skin.

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons
    Designs change all the time. Also, whether an exposed zipper will irritate depends on the zipper itself and how it was sewn in
    That's why I was wondering if any such jerseys exist besides the Sugoi I saw. I have been to a few shops. Looked and came to the conclusion what I saw was a rarity...

    magnolialover:
    If I wear an Un-D shirt, I may as well just wear the wicking T's I wear hiking and playing tennis instead of spending money on cycling jerseys :-)
    Actually, that brings up the question: why jerseys instead of wicking Ts? The only reason I can think of is the extra ventilation from using the zipper (if the look doesn't matter to you)....

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    21,053

    Re-read the OP

    He said "I've been wearing plain wicking t shirts since I bought a jersey that annoys me." While it's not the shirt you recommend, my read is that he wants to get out of the undershirt routine.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    186

    zippers/pockets/collar

    Looks aside, my jerseys have zippers, 3 pockets, and a collar. All of which can be an advantage, while riding, over the wicking t-shirts that I wear at the gym. Especially the pockets (no seatbag).

  7. #7

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by kenyee
    If I wear an Un-D shirt, I may as well just wear the wicking T's I wear hiking and playing tennis instead of spending money on cycling jerseys :-)
    Actually, that brings up the question: why jerseys instead of wicking Ts? The only reason I can think of is the extra ventilation from using the zipper (if the look doesn't matter to you)....
    Cycling under shirts are skin tight, so they wick and breath much better than loose T-shirts.

    Cycling jerseys also fit more closely than T-shirts, for breathability and also so they don't flap in the wind and beat against your skin. Jerseys also have a front zipper for ventilation and rear pockets to hold you stuff.

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,387

    As Johnny99 said below...

    Quote Originally Posted by kenyee
    That's why I was wondering if any such jerseys exist besides the Sugoi I saw. I have been to a few shops. Looked and came to the conclusion what I saw was a rarity...

    magnolialover:
    If I wear an Un-D shirt, I may as well just wear the wicking T's I wear hiking and playing tennis instead of spending money on cycling jerseys :-)
    Actually, that brings up the question: why jerseys instead of wicking Ts? The only reason I can think of is the extra ventilation from using the zipper (if the look doesn't matter to you)....
    I understand wanting to get out of the undershirt thing, but the Defeet un-d shurts are much tighter than regular wicking t-shirts, and work a lot better because they are closer, both mentioned before. I prefer a tighter jersey for less flapping around myself, causes less chafe, and less irritation. I don't like a flappy jersey. Give the un-d shurts a try, or try one. They're pretty good, and I have double use out of them as I wear them lots of times just under the old regular clothes as well.

Similar Threads

  1. National champion jerseys?
    By innergel in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 03:10 PM
  2. Smelly bike jerseys
    By innergel in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 07:18 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 11:25 AM
  4. Race cut jerseys - where to buy?
    By turbo6bar in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.