Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
    banned
    Nov 2009
    The NFL stuff is all a diversion you dummies.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    What do you mean when you say "self-conscious about racism," and is this strictly a province of "the left?"

Is it like being aware of racism?

How'd you determine the left "don't know how to follow through on racial equality," and whom do you think does?

Just "forgetting" about racism sounds great; think we can get all the racists on board?
    The leftist ideologues think about racism more than most people, other than the ring wing white supremacists. . They accuse you of racism for seeming to show disrespect of any sort to blacks. They admit no sense of humor on the issue. Racist thinking is serious business. Trouble is, treating blacks like victims indeed makes them feel like victims, "internalized racism" in your link.

When you start up a social exchange with a black stranger, how long does it take to figure him out and get past the color of his skin and dress, and see him for what he is, absent of his general physical appearance? When does the person emerge from the cardboard cutout?

Could we speculate, the longer it takes, the more racist you are? Most whites can eventually accept a black in casual social transactions. Then attack the social injustice as true brothers. Most civil rights workers achieved that brotherhood, but many never did. And have to agree with 11spd, the latter's racism was so deep, they could no longer recognize it.

When I let go of seeing myself as middle class white guy helping po blacks get a leg up, I was able to relate to blacks as true equals. That's all it took.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Hey, all....

...is the A-N-Y chance this thread and/or discussion can be moved to the PO section? Maybe a thread entitled "Perceptions Today of Racism, People and Presidents"?

I'd like to comment, especially about something Fredrico just posted, but I feel it is wholly improper to post here in the "GENERAL Discussion" section..

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSolo View Post
    You seen to be confused. The threat of being fired for behavior destructive to your employers business exists everywhere that functional entities exist. Claiming that stopping an employee from engaging in such behavior by termination is "force" is drivel. The employee makes the choice.

In the case of pro football, inept ownership failed to enforce common sense business practices and now they are rightfully paying the price. When the price get's high enough, survival will likely force them to strap on some balls and do what should have been done in the first place.
    No reason to retype:

Noted that you are arguing that forced participation in a ritual is freedom.

Noted also that you bolster your argument with insults in lieu of, well, anything else.

That speaks volumes right there.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    This thread had gotten too long and has lost its focus.

It really needs to be locked.
    But Lance Armstrong hasn't weighed in on whether NFL players have the right to take a knee!

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    You have been wrong from the beginning on this issue. You have no idea what you are talking about either from an ideological or pragmatic viewpoint.

Pragmatically, you are dumb. Pragmatically all companies 'create image to sell product'. Image of players standing honoring the flag is the image owners want to present for their product which is football. Anybody who works for anybody else understands that but you.

Ideologically, you are dumb as well. Nobody has to stand for the flag which includes the people in the stands. They are asked to stand for the flag by the PA announcer. NFL players don't have to stand. They don't have have to show up at games either, or wear shoes or their helmet. But if they don't they may lose their job. It is no different than the car mechanic that has to change brake fluid on a car even though he hates to change brake fluid. It is part of his job description.

You need to wake up but pretty clear that ship has long since sailed and or you played a lot of football without a helmet...lol.

Still no reason to retype:

Noted also that you bolster your argument with insults in lieu of, well, anything else.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Still no reason to retype:

Yep, just as you are the victim of forced participation in a ritual. If you don't abide by your employment agreement, you'll be fired (assuming you have a job outside of government). Who knows, you may even be required to engage in the ridiculous ritual of wearing clothes every day.

Life must be a b!tch for a prisoner of employment like you?

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSolo View Post
    Yep, just as you are the victim of forced participation in a ritual. If you don't abide by your employment agreement, you'll be fired (assuming you have a job outside of government). Who knows, you may even be required to engage in the ridiculous ritual of wearing clothes every day.

Life must be a b!tch for a prisoner of employment like you?
    Hmm. You always make so many assumptions--why is that?

And why the false equivalency? That people can hold jobs and follow laws and rules of employment doesn't extend to granting employers full control over all aspects of their employees' lives, much as some employers might like to; serfdom just isn't as popular as it used to be.

But if I was told I couldn't take a knee, and had to stand and mime respect for someone else's faux-patriotism as if I supported such foolishness, well, it wouldn't be what I considered "freedom."

YMMV.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    This thread had gotten too long and has lost its focus.

It really needs to be locked.
    Yes. A long time ago. Unfortunately, many of the same folks that caused it to lose focus and go completely off-topic rejoice in that. They live for it.

a real member's member
    Tiger got crushed today at Bridgestone. He got beat by everybody he played with all week. He is a broken down old man in golf years. A little inside baseball for you because its clear you don't know golf. Tiger's body is acting up again. He couldn't get out of his own way today. He looked like a club player out there shooting 73 and getting lapped by the field. It is written all over his body language. He knows it and so do the those that understand the game you don't. Will see if he even shows at the PGA next week. He will get crushed there as well. He is no better than a club pro now with his broken down body. Now his body fits his mind. One of the most selfish people ever to walk the planet let alone play on tour. I am loving watching him get beat.
    post did not age well.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

banned
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    post did not age well.
    you're right. Good news is...he didn't win! That would have been bad. He hit it in the $h!t all day and got lucky on his leaves. Off the tee, he probably hit the ball worst in the field. Good news is, he felt the pressure which bled into his swing and hit the ball all over.
    If Tiger Woods couldn't putt, he would have never have been heard of..lol.
    Last edited by 11spd; 08-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.

a real member's member
    got lucky.
    yep, the 14-time major winner was just "lucky" to finish wih a 64 and all alone in 2nd at the pga championship.

Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

banned
    Sep 2015
    yep, the 14-time major winner was just "lucky" to finish wih a 64 and all alone in 2nd at the pga championship.

and a deserved runner up behind the greatest ever to play, Jack Nichlaus who has 18 majors to his credit, a total that Woods will never eclipse. Nichlaus throughout his career never embarrassed the sport like Woods did with his antics both on and all the course, Nichlaus always pure class and ambassador to the sport. Woods has always been a stain on the sport. The junkyard dog of pro golfers as he has his tantrums around the course when things don't go his way as he spouts expletives with young kids watching. I love watching him struggle and will continue to enjoy watching him get beat as his body further breaks down. He had his run, fortunately he will disappear from professional golf in the next couple of years as the next crop of young guns come along like Koepka who conduct themselves with utter dignity and who can hit the ball farther and more accurate than Woods ever could in his prime.

Tiger Woods, the most despicable piece of garbage ever to tee it up on the PGA tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqAIq7OXwM
    Last edited by 11spd; 08-13-2018 at 02:41 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    One has to wonder at the mental gymnastics required to dislike Tiger for his antics on and off the course, refer to the last guy in the white house as a monkey in a different thread and yet still love Trump and all his antics/embarrassments. When golfers are held to a higher standard than the president.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Just move this to politics, and the mods should deal with the racist talk.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

banned
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
    One has to wonder at the mental gymnastics required to dislike Tiger for his antics on and off the course, refer to the last guy in the white house as a monkey in a different thread and yet still love Trump and all his antics/embarrassments. When golfers are held to a higher standard than the president.
    And to make things even more complicated, wasn't long ago Tiger played golf with Trump. And to make the left even more giddy, Trump may offer a Tiger a job as paper shuffler at the White house now that Omarosa has left....lol.
    Last edited by 11spd; 08-13-2018 at 07:52 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd
    ... has always been a stain on the sport. The junkyard dog ... has his tantrums ... when things don't go his way as he spouts expletives.

... will continue to enjoy watching him ... as his body further breaks down. He had his run, fortunately he will disappear ... in the next couple of years as the next crop of young guns come along ... who conduct themselves with utter dignity ... than [he] ever could in his prime.

... the most (del) piece of (del) ever ...
    I'm sure many people on this forum agree with the above, but not in regards to Tiger.

a real member's member
    ... like Koepka who conduct themselves with utter dignity.
    yeah, i liked what koepka said in his post interview about tiger, calling him the greatest to have ever played the game and his comeback from injury as "incredible."

they seem to be good friends.

the crowd was awesome cheering on tiger when he left 18. i've never seen anything like it. gave me goosebumps.

now i guess furyk will put tiger on the ryder cup team, which will elevate ratings and excitement that much more. wow! what a comeback!!

banned
    Sep 2015
    yeah, i liked what koepka said in his post interview about tiger, calling him the greatest to have ever played the game and his comeback from injury as "incredible."

they seem to be good friends.

the crowd was awesome cheering on tiger when he left 18. i've never seen anything like it. gave me goosebumps.

now i guess furyk will put tiger on the ryder cup team, which will elevate ratings and excitement that much more. wow! what a comeback!!
    Glad you enjoyed it. A spectacle for sure.
    All my friends who hate Tiger like myself were pulling for him to lose. It was a squeaker but fortunately somebody stepped up. Koepka looks to be a future star.

Tiger is a pretty mediocre Ryder Cupper:
    https://www.thoughtco.com/ryder-cup-records-1566002

Takeaway is what everybody knows...all about Tiger who doesn't play nice with others. Primadonna. Captain will pick Tiger for the 'show'...network ratings. He won't contribute much. Will be surprised if he beats anybody heads up. Tiger is a 'curiosity'. A circus act with all his histrionics on the golf course that purists don't like. Like turning away from a train wreck. Golf isn't football or the NBA. It is or rather 'was' a gentlemen's game in the image of Bobby Jones who created the Masters.

The Europeans are going to be tough to beat. Pulling for the USA but my money would be on them if betting.

I know you are pretty ignorant about golf and partly why you like Tiger. Average public who can't break 90 feels the same way. Clueless.
    Last edited by 11spd; 08-13-2018 at 11:11 AM.

banned
    Nov 2009

I know you are pretty ignorant about politics and partly why you like Trump. Average public who can't break a 90 I.Q. feels the same way. Clueless.
    ftfy...

a real member's member
    He won't contribute much.
    he just scored better (by 4 strokes) than in any major he ever played.

I know you are pretty ignorant about golf... Clueless.
    i like how you spew dumb, trolling sht like this after being so wrong the last two weeks. you don't mind spewing hate and being wrong.

reminds me of a certain politician...

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderators Note

This one is hopelessly off-track. Feel free to go start a PO thread for your PO thoughts or a Doping thread for those thoughts- I am fine with continuing your conversations in the appropriate place. Also do try to comport yourselves with some dignity, as this was not a good look.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112