Lazer O2 helmet

Thread: Lazer O2 helmet

smell my finger
    Sep 2007

Lazer O2 helmet

Just got this helmet and am a little concerned about the adjustment system it seems overly mechanical and was wondering if any of you have any experience with this good or bad. Here's a link I hope will work to look at waht I'm talking about.

[URL="http://cxmagazine.com/new-product-spotlight-review-lazer-o2-helmet"]

RoadBikeReview Member
    What are your exact concerns with the "overly mechanical" nature of the retention system? They have been using this system for a few years now on some top flight helmets, including the very popular Genesis that Quickstep wore for a few years.

"El Bwana"
    I have the O2 and my kid has the Genesis. We've had them for about 4 months now. Very comfortable and no issues with the adjustment mech. I can't remember what the warranty covers and for how long.
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    I've been wearing a Genesis for 1 1/2 seasons now. I abuse it like a NYC Taxicab. It's held up well & is a great system. My only issue (and for me, it's a minor one) is I have toxic-sweat-syndrome, and pretty much everything near me needs a thorough rinsing down after the ride.

I think perhaps a combination of the overexposure to the corrosive sweat & the water required to rinse it away has caused some stiffness in the cable routing of the retention system. What I've done is kept the housing lubed, and that seems to keep the stiffness in check. For me, it's no deal breaker as I've just bought another Genesis (I didn't need it, just too good of a deal to pass up, I guess).

All-in-all, it's an incredibly reliable system.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I bought an 02 5 months ago (replaced an Atmos), no problems so far. Most comfy helmet I've ever owned, no issues with the adjustment system other than it seems to need an occasional small push on the adjuster now and then on long rides. It's never loosened enough to start flopping around so it may just be so comfy that I think it needs to be tightened when it actually doesn't. I'm used to feeling pressure points with the Giro that aren't there with the Lazer.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

RoadBikeReview Member

Thumbs up

I too just got the Lazer O2 a couple months back. So far, no complaints with the retention system. One thing I noticed about it is that the system uses a metel wire instead of plastic which looks like it will last a bit longer. The helmet is by far one of the most comfortable helmets I've ever used. I've used top helmets from Giro, Limar and Bell. I was looking at the Bell Sweep helmet when I got the O2... for the money and comfort the O2 is a much better value and it feels like a better helmet. Another thing I really like about this helmet is the ventilation. It seems like a lot of companies brag about the number of vents on their helmets but I've found that it's not just the number of vents, but where they're located and how they're shaped... that's what really cools you down. I normaly sweat a lot and have problem with sweat running into my eyes with other helmets. I haven't had that problem with the Lazer O2.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    I bought one recently but had to return it, the thing kept sliding up on my head. With a little push It would roll straight off, even with the straps tightened down and everything. Got a specialized S-works instead, and works fantastic, light weight, with tons of ventilation, I couldn't ask anymore of a helmet really.

ride-a-holic
    I have one, very good helmet. Comfy, it fits better that the Sweep it replaced. I like the way the rention system fits. Pulls the cage together rather than just squeezing my skull
    Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.
    Thomas Merton