Left Wrist Pain

Thread: Left Wrist Pain

Mostly Absent

Left Wrist Pain

Does anyone know what might be causing my left wrist to hurt? It's at the base of the wrist, on the outside (pinky finger side). I try not to give the bars a death grip and I switch hand positions to the drops and the tops when I can. I'm right handed, if that means anything - meaning, I don't use the left wrist a lot so it could be general soreness from increased use.

RoadBikeReview Member

Does your pinky get numb or tingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    Does anyone know what might be causing my left wrist to hurt? It's at the base of the wrist, on the outside (pinky finger side)
    If you have numbness or a "pins and needles" type sensation in your pinky it could be ulnar nerve related. There are a number of causes and treatments, just search "ulnar nerve wrist pain" and you'll find them. I wouldn't do it if you might have a latent hypochonriac condition or you'll find way too many things wrong.

Good luck.
    ...and the wants and the needs of a woman your age, Ruby I realize.

Mostly Absent
    Thanks for reference. Found a few sites. I didn't know that I was a diabetic alcoholic with hypothyroidism!!!

And yes, that sounds like what it MIGHT be. My pinky is sometimes numb, especailly after I use the keyboard all day. And no, this really wasn't a problem until I started cycling a few weeks ago.

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Stretching your forearm, etc., may provide some relief. A good friend of mine found stretching provided great relief from wrist pain brought on by some kind of nerve condition.

I wouldn't hazard a guess as to the stretch you should do, but there are a number of good stretching books on the market that could probably direct you down the right path.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb