Looking at Prologo Scratch Pro Plus Ti 1.4 Saddle
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006

Looking at Prologo Scratch Pro Plus Ti 1.4 Saddle

Any opinions on this saddle? I do longer rides,don't race and do one century a year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    What's your height and weight? I know lots of people find prologos too narrow. Although I'm a skinny guy so I personally like them. The one saddle that almost everyone would reccomend is the Fizik Arione. If all else fails I'd just go with an Arione.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    I am 6"1" and over 230 right now. I tried the Airone but didn't like the flat shape. I thought the Prologo's cradle shape might be better. I don't move around much on my saddle. Also would like some "down under" relief as I am 53 now.

but thinking about it
    Apr 2007
    I've ridden a related model (same shape, different materials, I think---the Scratch Pro TR) at 65 pounds lighter than you and cracked the shell in two of them within 6,000 miles (each). Sadly, that TR is probably the most comfortable of the three (similar) saddles that I like (the Aliante and the Concor Racing are the other two, and since the San Marco is so much less expensive and more durable, I now have it on three bikes).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Vehemently disagree with the statement that anyone would recommend an Arione. From my observations would guess that it about half would like the Arione and the other half would like the Aliante. Have only found one rider that liked both. I recommend folks take advantage of the Fizik demo program and try the Aliante(saddle shape) and Arione(flat) to get a good idea which shape they like.

Aliante worked well for me, Arione was the worst ever for me; caused saddle sores and I had never really had them before. Only negative on the Aliante was that you are pretty much confined to one position. Did research on Aliante saddle owners and what other saddles they could ride and kept track of recommendations. Prologo Scratch Pro was highest on the list. All options were expensive until I ran across a closeout sale at 75% off so tried the $160 saddle for $40. Glad I did. Scratch Prol is curved enough(saddle shape) that it satisfies that need but is flat enough to offer more positions and more comfort for when I want to get on the rivet. Was concerned the 134 would not be wide enough compared to the 143 Aliante but those concerns were unfounded. When I made the original Scratch Pro purchase did not realize that it came in a 143. Ran across a try and buy program later and tried the 143 but did not notice any difference. Try a 143 here:
    Prologo Try & Buy Program

Am still tempted to try a Brooks. Wallingford Bicycle Parts offers a 6-month unconditional money back guarantee on Brooks.
    Brooks Unsprung Saddles | wallbike.com

Just did a search and Real Cyclist has them for $108. Original purchase for $40 was in red and found the second one, black, for around $80.

BTW, what is a plus model?
    Last edited by dekindy; 02-27-2013 at 01:31 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dekindy View Post
    BTW, what is a plus model?
    Prologo uses the Plus moniker on their saddles with a central relief channel. I'm riding a Nago Evo which is very comfortable and sharp looking in their "Hard Black" color. I tried the Scratch Plus but the side-to-side curve was murder on my sitbones.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    I have the Scratch Pro Ti 1.4- 143mm without the channel, it comes it 2 widths and I found it more comfortable than the Alliante from Fizik as it's a little longer and the extra width is great. I also tried the Nago Evo Pro Plus in 2 widths and found the channel uncomfortable, on both widths the channel is the same and hit exactly the wrong spot on my sit bones, I had the same issue with the Fizik Antares with the channel. The Scratch is as good as I have tried and the hard black material wears well and is textured so you as secure in place. All the try before you buy programs make it possible to get what you need without spending money, which is a godsend