looking for some insight on a used bike
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

looking for some insight on a used bike

I am looking for my first real road bike and have spent some time at several different LBS as well as on craigslist. It seems that I would get the most bang for my buck going with a used bike. Most of the LBS around me sell cannondale or specialized and it seems noone locally carries Fuji. I came accross a Team pro on craigslist and I took it out for a spin I liked it as much as any of the other bikes ive tried out but I am not sure if it is a good value at $1000. here is the link http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bik/1321092220.html any insight would be appreciated.

It's not easy being green
    What year is it? It looks like a sweet deal it you are sure its the right size and will fit you. The components are a great set up. I'd scoop it up!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Not sure of the year and I forgot to ask when I rode it today. I tried to find a photo match online and fuji doesn't seem to post back catalogs. I think its an 06 - 08.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    i think 1000K is too much. if there were more dura ace then maybe. if you like it offer 700 and buy for 750. fuji may be very high quality but it doesnt have a rep that will command a high used price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Im pretty confident now that it is an 06 model as I found matching info and a photo for that year at this site.http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...0Pro&Type=bike

Im not sure how much rep affects the used bike market here as it seems road bikes don't make a lot of appearances on craigslist at the moment.
    Last edited by johnekeane; 08-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.

It's not easy being green
    There is a huge road bike market in our craigslist (miami). You might want to take a look.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    have you asked all the LBS if they know any one selling their old bikes... that way worked out the best for me.... 80 for a old peugot

banned
    $1K too much for a "Frankenbike".

I'd look more for something that's as original as possible (unless the comps were really great).

Especially look for posts that have the word "garage" or "taking up space" in them.

That means that the seller might have bought it, rode it a couple of times and decided it's not for him/her, then you'd get a great deal.

Take your time.

Hit Craiglist daily and keep refreshing the page.

You can get "a lot" of used bike for $1K.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's a 2008. I bought a leftover 07 that was red/white/black, and I remember that paint scheme was the 08.

It's an ok deal, not a steal. However, I doubt you'll find one much cheaper elsewhere. After all, you're talking about good a grouppo and full carbon frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loudog
    i think 1000K is too much.
    Dollars? Dude, 1000K dollars is too much for any bike!

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    $1000.00 = too much for that bike.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    I think it's a lot of bike for a grand...... You can save a few bucks by waiting and watching for something cheaper but you may well regret not getting the bike you want.
    That's the real value, getting what you REALLY want for a fair price.. I've had buyers remorse a few times but more often regretted not getting what I wanted.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007

not this bike....

https://images.google.com/imgres?img...a%3DN%26um%3D1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck
    Dollars? Dude, 1000K dollars is too much for any bike!