MELD Saddles - Two thumbs down - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kim butler View Post
    I said in first email sent when saddle top became unglued on front and back that I need more padding.
    So it was a request for modification. In such case, you could have told them that you will pay extra to modify or order another saddle with more padding. As they stated on their website, they don't modify their saddles based on how they are installed by riders.

BTW, saddle top unglued can be fixed with rubber cement.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2020
    I was told that they will not modify saddles based on improper installation. THis was not the case. I was told they do no make hammock type saddles. Yes, I would have paid more to have more padding. That was not an option, The biggest issue with me and others is the attitude toward customers in saying it is always the problem created by customers or the customer lying about what happened. I know that happens at times. I have never in 68 plus years returned an item to company that I abused in any way. Yes. I glues part of saddle and would have done myself but since this happened in first week or so I wanted saddle to be looked at and also ask about more padding. I think concept of making saddles this way is decent and works well for many. Again, it the way the company deals with customers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2020
    Also I believe if phone conversation was possible, things could be resolved much more quickly and with better customer relations.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    To be candid, anybody who spends $350 on a saddle is a sucker.
    I just bought a Chinese saddle for $40 because it looked like my expensive San Torino saddle and when it got here it weighs about an ounce. I rode it and it is a little hard since it is all carbon fiber with very thin padding but it works fine and doesn't give me pains anywhere else than the sit bones and I can get used to that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2020
    Great that saddle works well for you. You can have a $10000 bike but if saddle does not feel good to you, will not work well. As a rider - racer who has raced since 1980, I have used many many saddles over the years. Some better than others. We all have a different anatomy . so you have to find what works well for you. Yes, $400 is alot to pay for a saddle but it if works great and lasts, it is worth it to me. Being older,with 5% body fat and very low body fat over sit bones, I need slightly more padding in that area no matter how flexible a saddle is. Have found that Terry Mens saddle with carbon rails seems to work well for me. Flexible with adequate padding for my old geezer rear end So, Tom happy that you found an inexpensive saddle that works well for you

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    Why do Jackwads sign up on a message board just to talk crap about a Company in their first post?

Have some Couth.
    It certainly would never do to give other people your judgement on a component that didn't work correctly or was entirely overpriced. That isn't what these groups are for are they? Do you suppose they are just here for singing the praise of anything and everything and the most expensive the higher the praise?

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kunich View Post
    It certainly would never do to give other people your judgement on a component that didn't work correctly or was entirely overpriced. That isn't what these groups are for are they? Do you suppose they are just here for singing the praise of anything and everything and the most expensive the higher the praise?
    Why are you responding to a guy who was perma-banned almost 2 years ago?
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123