Much, too much too early...
    NeoRetroGrouch

Much, too much too early...

Rebecca Much (XXX Racing/Athletico - Chicago) puts in a strong showing in the Junior Women's RR at the worlds. At the front too much and out maneuvered this time, but wait til next time. Congrats to Rebecca and the team on a great showing at the Worlds.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...ults/worlds046

TF
    "Don't those guys know they're old?!!"
    Me, off the back, at my first 50+ road race.

Jun 2004

Team?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurtle
    Rebecca Much (XXX Racing/Athletico - Chicago) puts in a strong showing in the Junior Women's RR at the worlds. At the front too much and out maneuvered this time, but wait til next time. Congrats to Rebecca and the team on a great showing at the Worlds.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...ults/worlds046

TF
    Umm, I think she was the entire Junior team riding at world's this year. Which stinks for her. Talk about zero support for what is possibly the most important race of her young career. Nice work USA Cycling.

On another side. I had the priveledge to meet young Rebecca. Nice kid. She's going to be a really good rider, not that she isn't already, but she's going to get better if she hangs with it and avoids the whole burnout thing. Good luck to her in the future though!

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolialover
    Umm, I think she was the entire Junior team riding at world's this year. Which stinks for her. Talk about zero support for what is possibly the most important race of her young career. Nice work USA Cycling.

On another side. I had the priveledge to meet young Rebecca. Nice kid. She's going to be a really good rider, not that she isn't already, but she's going to get better if she hangs with it and avoids the whole burnout thing. Good luck to her in the future though!

What's the selection criteria to go to worlds? Is it something that USA Cycling would pay for the trip (I should hope so)? Did we have people that qualified, but couldn't afford to go? Did USA Cycling not submit more riders when they could have?