Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
    mm thanks. Though looking into this more, looks more like 4 months off the bike, 6 weeks before I will be permitted to lift over 6 lbs, being a helpless imp. But on the other side a year after, the heart should be ready for much tougher full-on workouts than I am permitted to do now.
    4 months off only for the bike? How does doc decide that, heart rate, or just prudence? When stand up from sitting, the heart is lifting a lot more than 6 pounds.

Surgeon insisted I walk the day after colon surgery. A week later, I could ride the bike. It enhanced recovery, same as it usually does for muscular aches and pains.

RoadBikeReview Member
    must be something to do with the sawing my entire breast plate apart, stopping the lungs and heart for an hour, cutting it in half, and sewing in a Bosch Jetronic butterfly valve. Will find out when I see the surgeon soon. Just consulted a 30 year old guy who is a runner who had the surgery and he was not running for about 4 months.

Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

RoadBikeReview Member
    must be something to do with the sawing my entire breast plate apart, stopping the lungs and heart for an hour, cutting it in half, and sewing in a Bosch Jetronic butterfly valve. Will find out when I see the surgeon soon. Just consulted a 30 year old guy who is a runner who had the surgery and he was not running for about 4 months.

That would hurt a lot. Whew!

4 months for the breast plate, internal organs, sure. At least. Broken collar bones, cracked ribs, are a piece of cake next to that. Good luck in recovery.

Hear tell Bosch is good stuff! How do you replace the batteries?
    Last edited by Fredrico; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:07 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member

There goes breakfast!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Out riding.
    Well, I'm back again just to say I have an inguinal hernia that can be pushed back in. At the moment its just fat in the inguinal canal but they said if it gets really sore that I should go directly to hospital with the suspicion that it could be a strangulation of my bowels as that can be life threatening.

The turn around for getting it repaired in Australia under the public healthcare system is about 3 to 4 months. I'll soon see when I get a referral in the mail to see a surgeon. Otherwise I can go private and pay whats most likely a few thousand out of my own pocket.

Road Warrior
    ... and it turns out I will getting heart surgery for a new valve in coming months. that will mean about 6 weeks off the bike I understand.
    BC; Best wishes and payers for speedy recovery!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12