My new 2014 Scott Foil 20
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    31

    My new 2014 Scott Foil 20

    Hi all,

    picked up my New Scott Foil 20 last week and did a nice 52m ride on sunday. its an upgrade from my 2012 speedster. Feels good in the head winds and great climbing. Off to climb Sierra Navada (Spain) in 7 weeks so got some training to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    is riding in MOPP4
    Reputation: Tachycardic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    695
    Nice upgrade! Looking forward to some pics of Spain
    Wake me up when it's alarm green.

  3. #3
    User is infamous around
    Reputation: junior1210's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,738
    Brag, brag, brag.
    Quote Originally Posted by chudak View Post
    It's made with a mixture of titanium, unobtanium and the freshly harvested dew from the sweaty brows of 16 YO suburban virgins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Don't forget the ground up unicorn horn. That makes it magical.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,720
    ?? is that made by Scattante??

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    26
    Nice upgrade. Love the color.
    I did something very similar, I upgraded from a 2011 speedster s20 to a 2012 trek madone frame that was hanging around (I work at a trek dealer).

    Having it built up this week and a retül fit next week, then have to wait for a couple of feet of snow to melt.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 9W9W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,698
    nice ride! nothing like splashing out on a new ride to go with that fancy trip.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 2702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    48
    The dealer had this for 1500 on sale but I passed it up. The geometry is too aggressive for me so I took home a 14 Allez Race instead.
    16 Solace Disc 20
    16 Tarmac 105 Sport

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: TrekGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    119
    Beautiful paint scheme on your bike. Ride safely!

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18
    That is a very sweet ride -congrats!

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    24
    Very nice

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfjunky View Post
    Hi all,

    picked up my New Scott Foil 20 last week and did a nice 52m ride on sunday. its an upgrade from my 2012 speedster. Feels good in the head winds and great climbing. Off to climb Sierra Navada (Spain) in 7 weeks so got some training to do.
    Nice ride!

    I just recently picked up the Foil 30. Was going to go for the 20, but I found an awesome deal on brand new 2013 models up at Piermont Cycles in Rockland. They were blowing them out for half price. So I picked up up for $1,740.00! Love the bike. I was going to get the Foil 20 for the Ultegra Gruppo, which you got, but I fell in love with the yellow and black combination of the 20 so much, and Glen told me it was the same bike other than Ultrgra versus SRAM Rival. So I totally know the pleasure you are feeling.

    AWESOME bike, rides unbelievable. Ride it well and best of luck to you!

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Wookiebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,849
    I picked up a close out 2013 Foil 40 (Same bike as you) about a month or so ago ... and made a few changes (wheels, saddle, bars, stem) for fit ... and absolutely love the bike. It's the first bike I've owned that has exceeded my expectations.

    Enjoy

    10304791_10202633993551188_213614838890693505_n (640x396).jpg
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,081
    Yes, but how was Spain? Pictures? We need to know!
    Embrace the fact that everyone on these forums has their own unique desires, needs, experiences and environment so what works for you may not work for others.

  14. #14
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
    Nice ride!

    I just recently picked up the Foil 30. Was going to go for the 20, but I found an awesome deal on brand new 2013 models up at Piermont Cycles in Rockland. They were blowing them out for half price. So I picked up up for $1,740.00! Love the bike. I was going to get the Foil 20 for the Ultegra Gruppo, which you got, but I fell in love with the yellow and black combination of the 20 so much, and Glen told me it was the same bike other than Ultrgra versus SRAM Rival. So I totally know the pleasure you are feeling.

    AWESOME bike, rides unbelievable. Ride it well and best of luck to you!
    A good buddy of mine hopped on that same deal at Piermont... I had a chance to ride it and the bike feels great. Congrats to you and the OP.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    A good buddy of mine hopped on that same deal at Piermont... I had a chance to ride it and the bike feels great. Congrats to you and the OP.
    Thanks, man! I just absolutely love the bike! I love the color scheme, how it rides, how light it is. I have owned tons of bikes, but nothing this high end, and I couldn't be happier with it. Although I probably should put the high end in quotes because many people would consider this no better than an entry level bike.

  16. #16
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
    Thanks, man! I just absolutely love the bike! I love the color scheme, how it rides, how light it is. I have owned tons of bikes, but nothing this high end, and I couldn't be happier with it. Although I probably should put the high end in quotes because many people would consider this no better than an entry level bike.
    Yes.. my friend moved up from an Allez elite, so the Scott was definitely a move up. He likes it a lot.

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 and/or 2014 Scott Foil Ride Quality
    By Rashadabd in forum Scott
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 02:16 PM
  2. 2013 Scott Foil 20 or 2014 Felt F4?
    By TehYoyo in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 01:09 AM
  3. Scott Foil 20
    By Golfjunky in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 05:26 AM
  4. 2014 Foil 15 Not available in US
    By shale in forum Scott
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 06:25 AM
  5. Scott CR1 Elite Vs Scott Foil 30?
    By Mark 1 in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.