Need help with my new Carnacs

Jul 2002

Unhappy Need help with my new Carnacs

I just received my first pair of Carnacs in the mail today and I need some advice on how these things are supposed to fit.

The salesman told me that if I wear a 42 Sidi, and 8 US shoe, that I should take a 41 Carnac.

The shoes fit well every place except on my little toe. When I stand up, transfer my weight on the soles; I feel pressure on my small toe.

Are these supposed to fit this way when they are new?
    Will they mold to my feet?

Thanks
    Last edited by Thadimire; 03-26-2004 at 03:59 PM. Reason: left out a word

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd never mail order shoes unless they were identical to ones I already had. I have a few older sets of Carnacs and they seem to have gotten smaller or something inthe last few years--I tried some on in a shop the other day and it seemed like I needed to go up a size or two. I also use Superfeet insoles in my Carnacs cause the soles are so stiff and the stock insoles aren't very comfy IMO. But it sounds like those shoes are small. Carnacs are very supportive so you shouldn't need to buy small tight shoes like in the old days. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002
    You might think about sizing up. Depending on the shoe I wear a 8, 8 1/2 street or athletic shoe. My Carnacs are 42's. I have a wide foot and they are the most comfortable shoes I have found.