Need Motivation......
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

Need Motivation......

Storming outside, was so looking forward to riding today, now faced with the prospect of 60 minutes on the rollers......

How to get motivated?

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Tough question. I've always found that getting started is the hardest part. Step 1 - put on your riding clothes. The rest is much easier.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

Baltic Scum
    Sell the rollers and buy something else. Anything, really. Whatever you come up with will be more enjoyable than riding indoors.

Maybe not overly motivational, but definitely good advice.
    Was juckt es die stolze Eiche, wenn sich ein Schwein an ihr kratzt?

Ken
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Riding indoors is definately boring. I only do it as a last resort. If I get really hard up, I'll put on some riding clothes that should have been tossed out with the trash and get on the beater bike and ride in the rain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    I find that 2 things can help with my motivation on days where I really dont feel like getting on the bike:

- Working on some part of my bike that doesnt get much attention, cleaning the chain, getting around to fixing X in the garage and getting it working makes me want to ride the bike.

- Getting on the bike without a real workout goal/destination in mind, just meandering for a while and making things up as you go ends up making it easier mentally for me to get on the bike which usually results in at least a good hour, hour and a half ride.