Neuvation F100 making a racket over bumps
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

Neuvation F100 making a racket over bumps

I have about 400 miles on my new Neuvation, and it is starting to make a clunk/clang/rattle over bumps.

Took it into my LBS, they tightened the headset and gave me a tuneup. They also shortened the cables so I did not have so much slack up front (thinking that the cables may have been rattling around some).

Today I took it out for an hour ride, but apparently the LBS did not fix the source of the noise. Still very noisy over bumps and vibration.

Any ideas on what it may be? Apparently I chose the wrong bike shop to fix the problem.

AJL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Could be your seat tube/post instead of the BB. I've mixed up the sound of those b/4. BTW, my mechanic found it right away - I'd be annoyed at paying out money to fix something and getting it back with the same problem.

Honey Smack!
    Have you checked your bottle cages as well?
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Other than this problem, how are you liking the F100? I've been thinking about driving up to the Neuvation factory in SLO to test ride the F100 and FC.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    I love the bike...it is a nice ride other than this new noise.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    My brifters make an awful clunk when hitting fairly large holes and rough patches. They kind of slap as there is some free play before the brakes engage.

Just a thought.
    Gene

No Bonk Zone
    I had the same thing happen to my bike recently.
    Turned out that the cassette was not tightened enough and was causing this rattling clunk over bumps and uneven pavement.
    Once I tightened the cassette down, the rattling sounds were gone.
    See if you have a similar situation on your F100.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Do you have a pump attached to your frame? I had the mystery clank for a month before I found it. It sounded like it was coming from the front near the caliper post but turned out to be the pump I had mounted under the seat tube.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    The cassette was the issue. Very loose. I had a different bike shop take a look at it. He changed the cap to something that fit a bit better and added a spacer, tightened everything down. I wonder if this is a common issue on the Neuvations with the SRAM cassettes.

He also did a quick tune up for me so everything is synced up nicely for me. Clank and clunk are now gone...hopefully it stays that way!

Adventure Seeker
    Doubt it's a common issue, might just not have been torqued down right when assembled. I had nearly an entire bike built at a local shop that was like that.
    I have a single track mind

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Cables slapping on the frame tubes?
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Seat? The two screws holding mine in place (that adjust the angle) were loose and that made noise.

Otherwise my F100 - Rival setup is whisper quiet and AWESOME.
    :-)