New bike and fit

Printable View

• 05-05-2019
    tomato coupe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning33 View Post
    Very nice. What drove your decision? I am trying to figure out my new bike now (hence, this thread).

The Colnago is basically an "endurance" frame. I bought it a few years ago when I thought I was done racing. Then I started working with a coach and he encouraged me to go back to a racing frame, so I bought the Factor.
  • 05-08-2019
    rudge66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning33 View Post

The salesman also asked if I was trying to replicate my current fit. Since I paid for that fit, I guess I was trying to. But he was saying it is a new bike that should be fit of its own accord. How should I go about thinking about this new bike?

The struggle is real.

The guy is correct to ask you this, as you seem to be confusing geometry
    (the bike) , and fit (your body).

Anyway what bike did your Mom finally allow you to get?
    Or are you still grinding away at untangling your knot; and sorting things out?

“The struggle .... is all in your head.
  • 05-08-2019
    lightning33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    The guy is correct to ask you this, as you seem to be confusing geometry
    (the bike) , and fit (your body).

Anyway what bike did your Mom finally allow you to get?
    Or are you still grinding away at untangling your knot; and sorting things out?

“The struggle .... is all in your head.

Ouch, man. Not my Mom; the wife...

But, currently looking very hard at a Tarmac SL6 disc, in either the Comp or Expert. Main question there is just how big, really, are the differences (ie the "D" shaped seat tube, the hidden seat clamp, pressfit vs threaded BB, the carbon wheels, etc). Also, the Emonda SL6 Disc (and a tiny bit Domane SL5 or 6 disc. And there is always the Canyon, but that is starting to fall way back in my mind due to the lack of fit flexibility with plunking down serious extra dollars (mainly the bars).
  • 05-08-2019
    rudge66
    They are all fine bikes. However you continue to express concern of your increasing lack of flexibility. That might indicate a slightly more relaxed geometry.
    Have you considered BMC’s Road Machine . Not all models are compact geared.
  • 05-08-2019
    lightning33
    Well, I see where you are coming from. I am NOT arguing.

Last post I just meant the with the canyon, the bar is the bar. To change it out if you don happen to need what it comes with is a large cost. Not MY flexibility (at least last post).
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    They are all fine bikes. However you continue to express concern of your increasing lack of flexibility. That might indicate a slightly more relaxed geometry.
    Have you considered BMC’s Road Machine . Not all models are compact geared.