https://www.walkerwax4bikes.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    chain wax discussion on a monday, this has potential to grow

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    **Reapply every ~200 miles

Meh... no thanks.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    chain wax discussion on a monday, this has potential to grow
    You know, they put stuff in there usually found only in skin creams and exfoliators.

Things like micro-abrasive, micro-polishing particles, as well as nonabrasive micro-polishing agents (including diatomaceous earth), and emollients and anti-fungal agents.

And it's non-hazardous (well, except to fungi).
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    You know, they put stuff in there usually found only in skin creams and exfoliators.

Things like micro-abrasive, micro-polishing particles, as well as nonabrasive micro-polishing agents (including diatomaceous earth), and emollients and anti-fungal agents.

And it's non-hazardous (well, except to fungi).
    i use aloe vera on me sensitive skin before every long ride, apply in circular upward motion for max penetration between the hair folicles!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post

Meh... no thanks.
    yeah, that short reapplication interval is not gonna tempt me either...
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    OP, are you actually using it, or just pushing it because it sounds good? If you've used it, how long, and what's been the experience in chain wear long term? I'm skeptical about chain wear issues with a lubricant that contains abrasives. I know, they call it "non-abrasive" at one point and "micro-abrasive" elsewhere, but diatomaceous earth is mostly silica, which is much harder than metal, so it's abrasive. The rate of metal removal may be acceptably slow if the particles are small, and the tradeoff for cleaning may be worth it, but I'd be very curious about any extended experience.
    "None of us knows for sure what's out there; that's why we keep looking. Keep your faith; travel hopefully. The universe will surprise you, constantly." The 13th Doctor.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2016
    Why would you put chain lube on the entire drivetrain?

Instructions say “Ensure complete coating of all driveline surfaces by pedaling through 10 rotations while shifting between all rings and cogs.”

I use chain lube on the chain. After application (and not shifting) I wipe excess off of the front cog, jockey wheels, and cassette ring.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by ylwgto View Post
    I don't really mind the 200mi interval for application. I clean & lube my mtb chain every ride anyway and the road bike is generally getting lubed around 150ish. I really don't like wax lubes at all. Anyone that advises to " Ensure complete coating of all driveline surfaces by pedaling through 10 rotations
    while shifting between all rings and cogs." doesn't have a clue as far as I'm concerned. I also have no idea what this guy has studied...it might not give him any experience at all in drivetrain lubrication. Chain lube does not have to be complicated at all, there are already a ton of great lubes available, there is no need to reinvent the proverbial wheel.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002

New chain wax product

Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I don't really mind the 200mi interval for application. I clean & lube my mtb chain every ride anyway and the road bike is generally getting lubed around 150ish. I really don't like wax lubes at all. Anyone that advises to " Ensure complete coating of all driveline surfaces by pedaling through 10 rotations
    while shifting between all rings and cogs." doesn't have a clue as far as I'm concerned. I also have no idea what this guy has studied...it might not give him any experience at all in drivetrain lubrication. Chain lube does not have to be complicated at all, there are already a ton of great lubes available, there is no need to reinvent the proverbial wheel.
    That's like that NFS stuff with their 3 drops or whatever to lube the whole chain. If people believe that works than their chain didn't need lubing to begin with.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfdemicco View Post
    That's like that NFS stuff with their 3 drops or whatever to lube the whole chain. If people believe that works than their chain didn't need lubing to begin with.
    Yep.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    But emollients! How many of them have that?

(Also, this is really more a "Components and Wrenching" topic--yet you didn't point that out to the OP. Are you, um, "slipping?" )
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Meah. . . I use and love Lillylube. No wax for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Diatoms look like cool little spaceships, and spaceships are always fast. I'm sure that's why this is an awesome lube.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I have used waxed lube before, a lot.... I got tired of the whole chain/dtrain turning black sticky stuff that gets on everything. I am so over that period of my life.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post

Meh... no thanks.
    200 miles is pretty lame unless you regularly ride in wet or dirty conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
    Why would you put chain lube on the entire drivetrain?
    To use more product so you need to buy more sooner?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein