New here/intro/baloney.....
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2020

New here/intro/baloney.....

Hey fellow enthusiasts, I'm new here, but not new to bikes. I had my first crash at the age of 3, took myself down to the local shop for mechanic lessons during the summer at the age of 12, started racing BMX at the age of 13, started work as a messenger at 19, and have worked at shops as a mechanic on and off ever since. I have a bike for every occasion (spread out between the city I'm from and the city I live in), my wheel build book indicates I've built approximately 150 wheels, I've been to Interbike twice, I've seen the BikeSnobNYC speak in person at my local book store, and I've ridden bikes on 4 continents. I prefer the 80's and 90's across all disciplines, and my cassettes don't go higher than 10.
    I was lead here with hope of unearthing some knowledge on a bike I found left for dead and have re-built, so now I'm going to go find some Specialized experts. Hope everyone is doing well. ​

flinty-eyed moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkeys View Post
    Hey fellow enthusiasts, I'm new here, but not new to bikes. I had my first crash at the age of 3, took myself down to the local shop for mechanic lessons during the summer at the age of 12, started racing BMX at the age of 13, started work as a messenger at 19, and have worked at shops as a mechanic on and off ever since. I have a bike for every occasion (spread out between the city I'm from and the city I live in), my wheel build book indicates I've built approximately 150 wheels, I've been to Interbike twice, I've seen the BikeSnobNYC speak in person at my local book store, and I've ridden bikes on 4 continents. I prefer the 80's and 90's across all disciplines, and my cassettes don't go higher than 10.
    I was lead here with hope of unearthing some knowledge on a bike I found left for dead and have re-built, so now I'm going to go find some Specialized experts. Hope everyone is doing well. ​
    Welcome- looks like you just need the North American Handbuild Bicycle show to complete the set.