• 11-13-2011
    Stockli Boy
    3 Attachment(s)
    New Tucson bike shop open- ProBike
    This place is pretty cool. they just opened the doors this weekend. Disclaimer- it's owned by a friend of mine, but I feel no shame in helping him out. They still have a few things to finish up, but they are ready for El Tour.

Pro Bike Tucson - Tucson's Premier Bike Store
  • 11-13-2011
    Jesse D Smith
    Great to see another shop open up offering an alternative to the big three. Scott did some work on my bike while he was at Arizona Cyclists, faced and chased a bb shell, didn't screw it up, and for a reasonable price. For this reason, I'll check them out. Too bad that Tanque Verde, Sabino area is so far across town from me. It's high-end shop central.
    The web page says they're Pinarello's exclusive dealer in Tucson. Did Arizona Cyclist drop them?
  • 11-13-2011
    zma21
    Not digging the museum style displays, but I'm sure many will appreciate it.

Also, any bike shop with a classic porsche in the front is a good bike shop.
  • 11-14-2011
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zma21 View Post
    Not digging the museum style displays, but I'm sure many will appreciate it.

I actually quite like the museum displays, and I bet it looks a lot slicker in person than from these photos (no offense to who took them--taking flattering shots of art/showpieces can be tricky, especially with dominant backlighting). The merchandise looks awesome, though unfortunately much higher-end than what I can afford :frown2:

The location seems like a good choice too it's clearly visible from the road for cyclist on their way to Sabino Canyon or Mount Lemmon (I've actually seen this shop from my bike)
  • 11-14-2011
    den bakker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotonFreak View Post
    I actually quite like the museum displays, and I bet it looks a lot slicker in person than from these photos (no offense to who took them--taking flattering shots of art/showpieces can be tricky, especially with dominant backlighting). The merchandise looks awesome, though unfortunately much higher-end than what I can afford :frown2:

The location seems like a good choice too it's clearly visible from the road for cyclist on their way to Sabino Canyon or Mount Lemmon (I've actually seen this shop from my bike)

and that makes the third bike shop within a half mile of that road. which is great if everything pans out but one really has to wonder how many bike shops selling high end bikes one town can support.
  • 11-14-2011
    My Own Private Idaho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by den bakker View Post
    and that makes the third bike shop within a half mile of that road. which is great if everything pans out but one really has to wonder how many bike shops selling high end bikes one town can support.

At least one shop in that area has gone out of business.
  • 11-14-2011
    den bakker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by My Own Private Idaho View Post
    At least one shop in that area has gone out of business.

of the sabino canyon crowd? have not been in tucson for a few years.
  • 11-14-2011
    azpeterb
    Looks like a pretty snazzy shop, and I wish them luck. This is a tough town to compete in though, loads of bike shops out there. But the cream will rise to the top, as they say.

Just a suggestion.....you may want to post this in the Southwest forum under the Regional Rides section of this website. You'd probably get a lot more people from Tucson visiting there, especially with El Tour coming up in a few days.
  • 11-14-2011
    Stockli Boy
    They were from my iphone. Glad you like the displays. When I took the shots, they were still unpacking merchandise and setting up. I think they are all set up now, though.
  • 11-15-2011
    smoothie7
    I am digging the museum displays. I think they are slick.
  • 11-15-2011
    minutemaidman
    I think it looks sharp. Just the right size too. If I ever get my bike down to Tuscon, which I plan to aroud the Tour of the Gila next year, I will swing by.