Olympic Road Race: TV Schedule?

Dec 2002

Olympic Road Race: TV Schedule?

I live in Los Angeles (and have a pretty extensive digital cable subscription) and have yet to find a listing for the men's Olympic Road Race. Has anyone got any info as to whether/where it is being broadcast? Failing that, I doubt I'll find a sports bar that will be showing it at zero o' clock in the morning as they do with World Cup Soccer and the like.
    Thanks All...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by serbski
    I live in Los Angeles (and have a pretty extensive digital cable subscription) and have yet to find a listing for the men's Olympic Road Race. Has anyone got any info as to whether/where it is being broadcast? Failing that, I doubt I'll find a sports bar that will be showing it at zero o' clock in the morning as they do with World Cup Soccer and the like.
    Thanks All...
    The concensus seems to be that it will be shown during the primetime hours on Saturday night, which means it will hardly be shown at all.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by serbski
    Thanks All...
    I've checked and all I can find is that it will be aired along with umpteen other events on Saturday. All we will have to look forward to are 1 or 2 minute clips from time to time. Women's cycling will be aired in its entirety. That's sexist

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcruiser
    I've checked and all I can find is that it will be aired along with umpteen other events on Saturday. All we will have to look forward to are 1 or 2 minute clips from time to time. Women's cycling will be aired in its entirety. That's sexist
    Just checked NBC's website and the really, really bad news is that cycling is being shown along with an evening of Gymnastics and Swimming which as I understand it, are the two darlings of US Olympic viewers. So unless an American pulls off the ride of his life, I would say 2 minute spots here and there are about right. If the totally unforeseen occurs and an American should medal they might devote a 10 minute stretch to it, along with the obligatory 3 minute human interest bit on the rider.

RoadBikeReview Member

Angry Turn On The ( ( Close Captions ) )

Telemundo (sp) Has Air Rights To Olympics

PSC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    I know the CBUT, a Canadian station has it on at 4am. If you have cable or sattelite you might get it. Go to www.cbc.ca for there Olympic line up.