Pinarello Dogma 60.1 in 2019 - Worth It? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kunich View Post
    Didn't the two year warranty period bother you? What would you think of buying a Tesla model S for $120,000 and getting a two year warranty?
    I bought a Look a few years ago, it only came with a 2 year warranty, i guess that means that Look arn't very confident in the frame lasting...
    All the gear and no idea

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    I bought a Look a few years ago, it only came with a 2 year warranty, i guess that means that Look arn't very confident in the frame lasting...
    While that may be the European standard, my friend who used to ride nothing but Campy and Colnago called them directly about his frame failure and they told him that they have no confidence in their frames and forks after 2 years. Why don't you call them and ask? Or would you rather pretend that you've got the whole world in your hands?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Would you mind telling us the brand of frames these were that failed? I really don't think the vast majority of riders have seen a frame fail catastrophically that wasn't already involved in a crash. The fact that you claim to have seen 6 is interesting.
    One Gary Fisher, Three Treks, one Colnago and my IRD fork. Does this make a difference? The Treks were brand new or now three years old. The Gary Fisher would be about 10 years old or so now and the Colnago was a late C40 model and my IRD fork was about a year old when it failed completely.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    While that may be the European standard, my friend who used to ride nothing but Campy and Colnago called them directly about his frame failure and they told him that they have no confidence in their frames and forks after 2 years. Why don't you call them and ask? Or would you rather pretend that you've got the whole world in your hands?
    If Colnago has no confidence after 2 years, why do they have a 3 year warranty?

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Are you telling me that you're a composites engineer? That is a very narrow specialty and almost all of them are employed in Aerospace industries. So what is it you actually do?
    I have never made a claim that I'm an engineer while you have. What do you specialize in? You know damn well what I do.
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    So Tom, what year of car do you drive & what is it?
    or do you only ride bikes?d

edit: now he doesn't want to discuss!
    Last edited by duriel; 12-15-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    BANNED

Banned Sock Puppet
    One Gary Fisher, Three Treks, one Colnago and my IRD fork. Does this make a difference? The Treks were brand new or now three years old. The Gary Fisher would be about 10 years old or so now and the Colnago was a late C40 model and my IRD fork was about a year old when it failed completely.
    So in other words, 4 Treks, 1 Colnago and 1 IRD fork. Trek did have a few dark years in the 2010-2015 time frame. My shop owner saw some downtube cracks where Trek refused to honor the lifetime frame warranty claiming user abuse - they consider pebble strikes user abuse! Though none of these were catastrophic failures. Never heard of IRD. Are they an off-brand Chinese company?
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    So Tom, what year of car do you drive & what is it?
    or do you only ride bikes?d

edit: now he doesn't want to discuss!
    I'm sure it's not a carbon fiber car.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Tell me what advise I offered?

Banned Sock Puppet
    You don't offer ADVISE. You offer ADVICE. You ADVISE someone.

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

You offered this advice yesterday:

"The first thing that jumps out at me is the size. That is for people of 6' or taller. I'm 6'4" and most of the bikes I ride now are XL which are 58 cm for the most part. My older Steel Basso Loto is a 62 and I like riding that but I thought that most Malaysians were not especially tall.

I am not especially a fan of the new Pinarello carbon fiber bikes. In my experience the only bikes that I could trust in Carbon Fiber were Time and Look. Their quality control is absolutely spotless. Now I do own a Colnago CLX 3.0 and it is made in Taiwan and it seem to have extremely good quality control as well but Colnago will not put more than a three year guarantee on carbon fiber frames and I believe in Europe it is only 2.

While Colnago was one of the first to pioneer carbon fiber and there are all sorts of C40's still on the road perhaps they still have the idea that they must protect themselves from American laws.

In any case if you wanted a modern carbon fiber bike of very high quality I would suggest you keep with Look or Time. I've had both and never have a problem with them."
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    The sizing of these is all over the map....size 8 for the F8, then size 10, then size 60.1, and the super Six Evo is size super 6.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2019
    Hi All,
    Thank you for the reply and advices.

Pinarello Dogma 60.1 is the first in Dogma line, which was released in 2011, along the way after few series there is this Dogma F8 which got release in 2015 if I am not mistaken.

Usually the size of my bike is around 50cm. Toptube at 530.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I dunno, you're the one stating you only have confidence in Look and Time frames, and seem to think that Colnago arn't confident in their frames with their 3 year warranty...yet my Look only has a 2 year warranty...i'm just extrapolating from there...
    All the gear and no idea

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by nurashidnm View Post
    Hi All,

Pinarello Dogma 60.1 is the first in Dogma line, which was released in 2011, along the way after few series there is this Dogma F8 which got release in 2015 if I am not mistaken.

I'm glad we didn't scare you away with all the infighting here.

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    His advise is not worth beans... how many CF bikes do you see fail on your rides?
    The way he talks it like happens almost immediately after pulling out of the lot.
    In all my years riding how many CF bikes did I see fail.... zero!
    Explain to us all here what "advice" I offered. Seems to me that people like you and sock puppet don't appear to have very good use of the English Language.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    So in other words, 4 Treks, 1 Colnago and 1 IRD fork. Trek did have a few dark years in the 2010-2015 time frame. My shop owner saw some downtube cracks where Trek refused to honor the lifetime frame warranty claiming user abuse - they consider pebble strikes user abuse! Though none of these were catastrophic failures. Never heard of IRD. Are they an off-brand Chinese company?
    So among your other ignorances you don't know that Gary Fisher, Keith Bontrager and several other small bike companies were totally separate an built their own bikes before being purchased by Trek. When Keith was closing shop he had a bag full of his cycling caps and gave them to me. Though it started with perhaps a hundred over the years I've managed to whittle it down to maybe 30 or 40.

And then people like you come along with absolutely no knowledge of this history of bicycles and the failures and serious injuries that people sustained and you tell everyone how much you don't know.

Like I said, you chose the correct picture since you're nothing but a sock puppet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    You offered this advice yesterday:

"The first thing that jumps out at me is the size. That is for people of 6' or taller. I'm 6'4" and most of the bikes I ride now are XL which are 58 cm for the most part. My older Steel Basso Loto is a 62 and I like riding that but I thought that most Malaysians were not especially tall.

I am not especially a fan of the new Pinarello carbon fiber bikes. In my experience the only bikes that I could trust in Carbon Fiber were Time and Look. Their quality control is absolutely spotless. Now I do own a Colnago CLX 3.0 and it is made in Taiwan and it seem to have extremely good quality control as well but Colnago will not put more than a three year guarantee on carbon fiber frames and I believe in Europe it is only 2.

While Colnago was one of the first to pioneer carbon fiber and there are all sorts of C40's still on the road perhaps they still have the idea that they must protect themselves from American laws.

In any case if you wanted a modern carbon fiber bike of very high quality I would suggest you keep with Look or Time. I've had both and never have a problem with them."
    Are you saying that buying a bike that has known extremely good quality control down to even the point of bearing tolerances is bad advice?

Let me ask you again - what engineering experience do you have? I spent 50 years as an electronics engineer, an electro-mechanical engineer and a medical instrument designer and programmer working with extremely close tolerance mechanical devices. Please tell me what you know about mechanical engineering?

Banned Sock Puppet
    So among your other ignorances you don't know that Gary Fisher, Keith Bontrager and several other small bike companies were totally separate an built their own bikes before being purchased by Trek. When Keith was closing shop he had a bag full of his cycling caps and gave them to me. Though it started with perhaps a hundred over the years I've managed to whittle it down to maybe 30 or 40.

And then people like you come along with absolutely no knowledge of this history of bicycles and the failures and serious injuries that people sustained and you tell everyone how much you don't know.

Like I said, you chose the correct picture since you're nothing but a sock puppet.
    Honestly Tom, you really look foolish parading yourself all over the internet with troll posts. All one has to do is Google your name to see the lack of credibility in anything you post. And you have already been given a posting vacation here once. Epic FAIL.

Are you a shill for Look and Time? There are other excellent brands out there with a good track record - Cannondale, Giant, Felt, Scott, just to name a few.

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    I'm glad we didn't scare you away with all the infighting here.
    No you're not - you're the one that started it and egged on duriel and cxwrench who appear to be your backup advocates. This isn't the first thread upon which I've placed a totally innocent posting to have you and these bully boys of your attack me as if you knew anything about the business.

Banned Sock Puppet
    No you're not - you're the one that started it and egged on duriel and cxwrench who appear to be your backup advocates. This isn't the first thread upon which I've placed a totally innocent posting to have you and these bully boys of your attack me as if you knew anything about the business.
    Totally innocent? Perhaps you could use a long nap.

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

Are you saying that buying a bike that has known extremely good quality control down to even the point of bearing tolerances is bad advice?

Let me ask you again - what engineering experience do you have? I spent 50 years as an electronics engineer, an electro-mechanical engineer and a medical instrument designer and programmer working with extremely close tolerance mechanical devices. Please tell me what you know about mechanical engineering?
    Composites? Any experience? Any at all?
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nurashidnm View Post
    Hi All,

I think that buying a carbon fiber bike is a crap-shoot (rolling the dice). Most of the carbon fiber bikes these days are pretty well built but quality control is troublesome. Look and Time aren't afraid to test their frames ultrasonically for voids but I don't know about others.

I have never been able to get straight answers as to the method that these frames are actually made but the failures I've seen makes it appear that they were built in two halves and then glued together down the middle front to back. So on three different bikes I've seen, a crack ran from the downtube, across the bottom bracket shell and up the seat tube. The owners continued to ride these bikes as these cracks slowly extended until it was pretty obvious that if they hit a hard bump that the entire bottom bracket might come off. But in one case it was for more than a year.

More like a paid troll.
    #promechaniclife

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    More like a paid troll.
    Paid by Look and Time?

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast