Pinarello Dogma 60.1 in 2019 - Worth It? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Composites? Any experience? Any at all?
    Experience? He don't need no stinkin' experience. He's got hats ... lots of hats.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kunich View Post
    I have never been able to get straight answers as to the method that these frames are actually made but the failures I've seen makes it appear that they were built in two halves and then glued together down the middle front to back. So on three different bikes I've seen, a crack ran from the downtube, across the bottom bracket shell and up the seat tube. The owners continued to ride these bikes as these cracks slowly extended until it was pretty obvious that if they hit a hard bump that the entire bottom bracket might come off. But in one case it was for more than a year.
    So, these catastrophic failures you witnessed involved bikes that had massive visible cracks? And, the cracks occurred at glue joints and had nothing to do with voids in the material?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Totally innocent? Perhaps you could use a long nap.
    A perfect example of the problems with you and cxwrench.

In two companies I worked I had trouble with people. In one it was the Human Resources department that could only give me resume's of degreed engineers. I had six of them working for me and despite their marvelous abilities I had to write the entire real time operating system myself, do half of the hardware design and half of the remaining application software. When we simply could not complete the job on time the company closed down. On the way out the door I was the last one and I went into the human resources department and looked in their files to find dozens of perfectly acceptable engineers though often without degrees but with the perfect work experience for the job. So a ton of stock holders lost their entire investments and a lot of very good people lost their jobs at a time of a recession.

Another time I worked at a company where I was making a LOT of money in order to help them out. I had to show every single person in the company how to do their jobs except the electronics technicians who were good. The draftsman had never drawn electronics circuitry, the document person had never written a manual for an instrument, even the assembly personnel had never assembled electronic circuits. While doing this one of the Hispanic women working on the assembly line immediately caught right on so I made her the assembly manager. Well, that pissed off a stupid white boy who thought that he should be the manager because he was white. And as it turned out, he was the son of one of the members of the Board of Directors.

At this same time I had hired a very famous analog designer to help with a design problem I couldn't solve. Among other things the instruments I was designing read the bar code or whatever it is, on the sides of shipping containers of which there are millions around the world. The problem was with the intercom that went from the gate to the control tower. No matter what I tried I could not get the voice of the driver to be intelligible above the truck motor. So I hired the best man I had ever met to consult on the problem. It turned out that the ground around these large trucks shakes and so anything attached to the ground shakes so he fixed the problem merely by isolating the microphone from the case on elastic material and the original design of mine worked fine.

The Board of Directors was impressed with his reputation and how rapidly he solved the problem and how he was making only 20% of what I was. So they fired me and offered him the job. He had a job and was just working for me as a favor (which I always did for him in return). He asked them what about me and they said that they had let me go. He simply stood up and left without a word. He was not any kind of manager to begin with and he had absolutely no skill in digital design or programming. Within two months that company was out of business as well and was sold off to a shipping firm that ended up closing it down.

I have strong opinions that don't seem to fit people like the sock puppet, duriel or cxwrench view of the universe. But I have made a great deal of money with those opinions and have accomplished things that very highly educated people have said aren't possible. If you do not like my opinions than do not read them. Acting like a wanker to pretend you know better simply proves you that wanker.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    So, these catastrophic failures you witnessed involved bikes that had massive visible cracks? And, the cracks occurred at glue joints and had nothing to do with voids in the material?
    The catastrophic failures had absolutely no warnings which is why they caused serious physical damage. The non-catastrophic failures had visible signs that I saw and pointed out to the owners. (As an aside - a member of our riding group bought a new titanium frame from a major manufacturer and the moment he showed it to us I pointed out a crack in the head tube weld. He returned it for a new one that is faultless.) I tried to post a picture of one of them that is rather horrifying but it doesn't seem to post. Let me try it this way:

Mike's C40 2.JPG

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    His posts are just way too long & windy, I'm out since he doesn't really want to discuss anything, mostly just wants to stand on the pulpit and have everyone bow down.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    His posts are just way too long & windy, I'm out since he doesn't really want to discuss anything, mostly just wants to stand on the pulpit and have everyone bow down.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    He repeats the same pattern on every forum:

1. Makes a few highly opinionated posts.
    2. His posts become long-winded and mostly irrelevant.
    3. He eventually resorts to personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with him.
    4. He ultimately get banned form the forum.

We're only in stage 2.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Paid by Look and Time?
    I actually owned and used a Look 285 and a Time Edge. Tell us your experience with Look and Time.

Never Give Up!
    This guy is simply f'ing Batman, Superman and all the other Super Hero's rolled all into one person who loves to sit up on his high-horse and preach all that he's done for the world spilling his repute to what he thinks are all his simple servants.

My vote.... ban him from the forum!
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ROAD&DIRT View Post
    This guy is simply f'ing Batman, Superman and all the other Super Hero's rolled all into one person who loves to sit up on his high-horse and preach all that he's done for the world spilling his repute to what he thinks are all his simple servants.

My vote.... ban him from the forum!
    A vote from another Democrat? "We don't want no F-ing Free Speech around here. Anything that is posted I have to agree with or off with his head."

May I ask why you didn't answer the man's questions?

Banned Sock Puppet
    In two companies I worked I had trouble with people.
    I see only one consistency here and somehow, I don't think the problem here was with the other people. It sounds like you have led a life of not getting along with others. Sad.

In one it was the Human Resources department that could only give me resume's of degreed engineers.
    What here belonged to the resumes? If you are going to spout BS here, you really should learn to stop inserting apostrophes on plural words.

But I have made a great deal of money with those opinions........
    Seriously? Most accomplished people who make lots of money don't have time to write long winded posts on message boards.

He repeats the same pattern on every forum:

1. Makes a few highly opinionated posts.
    2. His posts become long-winded and mostly irrelevant.
    3. He eventually resorts to personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with him.
    4. He ultimately get banned form the forum.

We're only in stage 2.
    He was through all the stages before until he was given a posting vacation. Now he's back and already breached State 3. He will ultimately get perma-banned.

I actually owned and used a Look 285 and a Time Edge. Tell us your experience with Look and Time.
    I have none. I'm not the one pontificating about how wonderful they are.

A vote from another Democrat?
    Why are you posting this shyte here? If you want to get political, put your Nomex suit on and go into Politics Only. They will have fun with you there!

I see you are very popular on the internet - NOT:

https://www.cyclingforums.com/thread...-a-ass.258640/

https://rec.sport.triathlon.narkive....unich-is-a-ass
    Last edited by Lombard; 12-16-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    A vote from another Democrat? "We don't want no F-ing Free Speech around here. Anything that is posted I have to agree with or off with his head."

May I ask why you didn't answer the man's questions?
    You're confused about this as well. You're on a privately owned forum and there is no such thing as guaranteed free speech here. You can be given a vacation or a ban by the powers that be for breaking any number of rules that you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    For someone that seems to think he's smarter than everyone else here you sure are clueless about many things.

Notice the correct use/non-use of apostrophes in my posts. Telling everyone how smart and experienced you are doesn't really work when you fail at grade school grammar.
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Ain't worth it!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Sock puppet - I think you actually believe yourself. What do you do for a living? Are you a writer for Road bike Review and that is why you notice typos from someone that is a professional programmer and types at 200 wpm? THAT is what pulls your chain?

I'm retired in case you missed it. I usually only do consulting work now and the people who know my work are now mostly retired so I don't get much of that. So what? Does it bother you that I make $250/hr when I work? The last full time job I held I was making a quarter million a year. So I'm not exactly broke. Just careful with my money since the future remains unknown with you Marxists trying to take power.

And so you haven't any experience with the two best built carbon fiber bicycles in the world but you object to my suggesting to someone that my experience with Italian carbon fiber isn't the best in the world and that those could be a better choice? I guess I have to wonder what is wrong with you.

And I really like your posting that pack of lies. That address was my mother's home at the time that I paid for. Though she was in the hospital and I was paying for it until she died. I was living in Fremont at the time and was renting her home out.

That posting had nothing to do with that anonymous clown since he was only repeating Jobst Brant who finally desisted doing that sort of thing when my lawyers had a talk with him. It upset him when I told the other riders on his ride that they climb hills in a 44-21 like he did and to watch what that ******* did because he would be descending at 30 mph and turn off onto a dirt road without warning the newbies that worshipped him. He thought it humorous if someone fell. It made him feel like a pro.

Why do you suppose that the "FBI" would be investigating me for anything other than a security clearance since I did work for the government at Laurence Berkeley and Livermore and NASA? Not to mention that my best friend was an NCIS team leader, my cousin was a chief of police of a large silicon valley city and another cousin was a prison guard at San Quinton.

You don't seem to have any problems passing out anonymous BS while yourself remaining anonymous. Do you suppose that Roadbike Review would be willing to hold your anonymity in a law suit for your slander?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Sock puppet ... Do you suppose that Roadbike Review would be willing to hold your anonymity in a law suit for your slander?
    I think you need to look up the meaning of slander.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    I think that you should. This site in in the USA and all of your communications are monitored. Road Bike Review certainly isn't going to take any blame for slanderous lies spread by Sock Puppet or anyone else. You people seem to think you're bulletproof because you post any slander you like on Yahoo or Google anonymously. Well you aren't anonymous here. And that is not a threat - that is a warning.

Banned Sock Puppet
    Sock puppet - I think you actually believe yourself. What do you do for a living? Are you a writer for Road bike Review and that is why you notice typos from someone that is a professional programmer and types at 200 wpm? THAT is what pulls your chain?
    You don't need to be a professional writer or proof reader to be able to have a concept for 6th grade English. Or maybe typing at 200 wpm causes you to insert random apostrophes? Inquiring minds want to know.

Does it bother you that I make $250/hr when I work? The last full time job I held I was making a quarter million a year.
    You seem to need to brag, don't you. Do I detect some insecurity here?

So I'm not exactly broke. Just careful with my money since the future remains unknown with you Marxists trying to take power.
    Trash talk that needs to be taken to P.O. Why don't you post this s#!t there?

You don't seem to have any problems passing out anonymous BS while yourself remaining anonymous. Do you suppose that Roadbike Review would be willing to hold your anonymity in a law suit for your slander?
    More trash talk. All I did was post links of what others wrote about you. That is hardly slander. Your combative personality makes you disliked. If you enjoy bulldozing your way through life while others hate you, so be it. Sad, failing.

I think he needs to look up the meaning of life and human. He obviously doesn't seem to have a concept for anything regarding law either, much less elementary school English.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    I think that you should. This site in in the USA and all of your communications are monitored. Road Bike Review certainly isn't going to take any blame for slanderous lies spread by Sock Puppet or anyone else. You people seem to think you're bulletproof because you post any slander you like on Yahoo or Google anonymously. Well you aren't anonymous here. And that is not a threat - that is a warning.
    Oh please...get over yourself.
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Slander: A false or unsupported, malicious statement (spoken, not written), especially one which is injurious to a person's reputation; the making of such a statement.

As an example, if someone referred to you as a raging nut job on this forum, they would not be slandering you.

Banned Sock Puppet
    Slander: A false or unsupported, malicious statement (spoken, not written), especially one which is injurious to a person's reputation; the making of such a statement.

As an example, if someone referred to you as a raging nut job on this forum, they would not be slandering you.
    Technically, this would be libel, not slander. And only if I wrote it. Posting a link where someone else wrote something libelous, if it is even libelous, is NOT libel. That would not stand up in a court of law longer than 10 seconds.

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Are you a writer for Road bike Review and that is why you notice typos from someone that is a professional programmer and types at 200 wpm?
    Wow, you're faster than the fastest:

"Right now the fastest typist is Barbara Blackburn - using a Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she did 150 wpm for 50 min and 170 for short periods. Her fastest was 212 wpm."

Banned Sock Puppet
    Wow, you're faster than the fastest:

"Right now the fastest typist is Barbara Blackburn - using a Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she did 150 wpm for 50 min and 170 for short periods. Her fastest was 212 wpm."
    Not faster than Pitbull Pedals.

And what happened to Tom's promise 3 weeks ago to "remove himself":

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/bi...ml#post5363555

He must have been born with a forehead tattoo that says "Please abuse me".

"With
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Technically, this would be libel, not slander. And only if I wrote it. Posting a link where someone else wrote something libelous, if it is even libelous, is NOT libel. That would not stand up in a court of law longer than 10 seconds.
    Correct, and a statement also has to be false for it to be libelous. Going back to my previous example, if someone on this forum posted "*om *unich is a raging nut job!", it would only be libelous if it was a false statement.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    So you suppose that your posting a link means you're home free. Well, you aren't.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Correct, and a statement also has to be false for it to be libelous. Going back to my previous example, if someone on this forum posted "*om *unich is a raging nut job!", it would only be libelous if it was a false statement.
    If you didn't read that link then do not talk about it as if you did.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast