Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Pinarello Dogma 60.1 in 2019 - Worth It?

21K views 147 replies 18 participants last post by  Lombard 
#1 ·
Hi Riders,
I am Rashid from Malaysia, a newbie who is scouting to buy his first carbon bike.

Its 2019, and Pinarello Dogma 60.1 is still in the market. Second hand though, the frame is still priced at 1000 USD.

Being the first in the Dogma line and it is hard to find a comparison between this model and a F8 or F10. Or if any rider can share their experience comparing this 60.1 with our recent carbon frame, i.e. Super Six Evo?

I do hope there are among you can help me in this matter.

Tq.

#2 ·
You posted 10 hours ago and over 100 views w/ no replies. You have asked a totally subjective question, and it's in the wrong section of the forum. It's also your first post. Look around a little bit, figure out where the proper section for your question is but realize that what someone else thinks about the Pinarello whatever might be totally different that what you feel about it.

Hint: https://forums.roadbikereview.com/bikes-frames-forks/

#4 ·
The first thing that jumps out at me is the size. That is for people of 6' or taller. I'm 6'4" and most of the bikes I ride now are XL which are 58 cm for the most part. My older Steel Basso Loto is a 62 and I like riding that but I thought that most Malaysians were not especially tall.

I am not especially a fan of the new Pinarello carbon fiber bikes. In my experience the only bikes that I could trust in Carbon Fiber were Time and Look. Their quality control is absolutely spotless. Now I do own a Colnago CLX 3.0 and it is made in Taiwan and it seem to have extremely good quality control as well but Colnago will not put more than a three year guarantee on carbon fiber frames and I believe in Europe it is only 2.

While Colnago was one of the first to pioneer carbon fiber and there are all sorts of C40's still on the road perhaps they still have the idea that they must protect themselves from American laws.

In any case if you wanted a modern carbon fiber bike of very high quality I would suggest you keep with Look or Time. I've had both and never have a problem with them.

#5 · (Edited)
#6 ·
OP doesn't list what he considers an upgrade.
Handling, plush ride, climbing/sprinting, wow factor, warranty, length of service, and most importantly color.
My Pino had all the above, IMO. But it wasn't a Dogma, which is a race bike. Have no idea what a Super Six Evo is.

#7 ·
OP doesn't list what he considers an upgrade.
Handling, plush ride, climbing/sprinting, wow factor, warranty, length of service, and most importantly color.
My Pino had all the above, IMO. But it wasn't a Dogma, which is a race bike. Have no idea what a Super Six Evo is.
The Cannondale Super Six Evo is a race bike.

#11 ·
You recommend both Look and Time which are both great frames. The only problem is that if you do have a warranty issue it generally takes forever to get resolved. A guy I used to race with on the track broke the seat binder on his Look track frame the same week he blew the engine in his Audi RS4. The Audi went in to the dealer, parts were ordered from Germany, received, engine rebuilt and he was on the road in less than 4 weeks. The Look...it took 6 weeks to get a simple part from France.

I really don't think warranty coverage is a huge problem these days. Nearly every company offers a similar lifetime deal. A properly constructed carbon frame has no fatigue life, it should last forever. The majority of warranty claims I see aren't 'failures' but things like BB90 shells getting loose from bearing flex/corrosion. I'm glad Trek seems to be going back to threaded bb shells, T47 will be good. There are very few claims that are actually problems w/ materials/workmanship.

I wouldn't have a problem riding pretty much any carbon frame these days. Anyone that thinks they're taking a chance w/ some kind of catastrophic failure because they're on a carbon frame is clueless. I thought maybe you'd given up after getting so soundly thrashed by virtually everyone in the last thread but I guess you really are into the abuse.

#22 ·
I owned both Dogma and then the F8. The F8 was better and faster at everything, and overall was a very good race bike. Dogma was solid, and there is little to regret if it fits you. Recent super bikes are way more aero, usually run discs and thru axels so they are very different beasts.

#33 ·
I'm sure it's not a carbon fiber car. :p

#35 ·
You don't offer ADVISE. You offer ADVICE. You ADVISE someone.

#38 ·
Hi All,
Thank you for the reply and advices.

Pinarello Dogma 60.1 is the first in Dogma line, which was released in 2011, along the way after few series there is this Dogma F8 which got release in 2015 if I am not mistaken.

Usually the size of my bike is around 50cm. Toptube at 530.

#40 ·
I'm glad we didn't scare you away with all the infighting here. :)

#59 ·
This guy is simply f'ing Batman, Superman and all the other Super Hero's rolled all into one person who loves to sit up on his high-horse and preach all that he's done for the world spilling his repute to what he thinks are all his simple servants.

My vote.... ban him from the forum!

#64 ·
Sock puppet - I think you actually believe yourself. What do you do for a living? Are you a writer for Road bike Review and that is why you notice typos from someone that is a professional programmer and types at 200 wpm? THAT is what pulls your chain?

I'm retired in case you missed it. I usually only do consulting work now and the people who know my work are now mostly retired so I don't get much of that. So what? Does it bother you that I make $250/hr when I work? The last full time job I held I was making a quarter million a year. So I'm not exactly broke. Just careful with my money since the future remains unknown with you Marxists trying to take power.

And so you haven't any experience with the two best built carbon fiber bicycles in the world but you object to my suggesting to someone that my experience with Italian carbon fiber isn't the best in the world and that those could be a better choice? I guess I have to wonder what is wrong with you.

And I really like your posting that pack of lies. That address was my mother's home at the time that I paid for. Though she was in the hospital and I was paying for it until she died. I was living in Fremont at the time and was renting her home out.

That posting had nothing to do with that anonymous clown since he was only repeating Jobst Brant who finally desisted doing that sort of thing when my lawyers had a talk with him. It upset him when I told the other riders on his ride that they climb hills in a 44-21 like he did and to watch what that ******* did because he would be descending at 30 mph and turn off onto a dirt road without warning the newbies that worshipped him. He thought it humorous if someone fell. It made him feel like a pro.

Why do you suppose that the "FBI" would be investigating me for anything other than a security clearance since I did work for the government at Laurence Berkeley and Livermore and NASA? Not to mention that my best friend was an NCIS team leader, my cousin was a chief of police of a large silicon valley city and another cousin was a prison guard at San Quinton.

You don't seem to have any problems passing out anonymous BS while yourself remaining anonymous. Do you suppose that Roadbike Review would be willing to hold your anonymity in a law suit for your slander?

#70 ·
Technically, this would be libel, not slander. And only if I wrote it. Posting a link where someone else wrote something libelous, if it is even libelous, is NOT libel. That would not stand up in a court of law longer than 10 seconds.

#87 ·
This is funnier than Waspinator's threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.