Pitbull Pedal is back - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    You haven't watched the videos of the race, have you?

Huh?
    Absolutely, that is how I found it.

I missed the typing the words next to. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    I'm 99.999% sure that was done on 1 take. Because.... that is how easy SPD pedals work. We've done and witnessed it countless times. Decades of experience.

We have no idea if your Pitbull videos were 1, 2, or 10 takes. (see how your silly game works)
    I see no evidence that it's impossible to miss your clip.

Like I had said in a quote earlier, there is a chance that you can miss the pedal. It is so easy to get into that you would almost have to miss it intentionally. You simply set your toe on the pedal and as your foot rolls forward the pedal simply engages. Nothing to line up.

As far as takes and videos I guess that would be everyone's secret.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    Absolutely, that is how I found it.
    Maybe you can point to a video where clip-in time made a difference. In every video I've seen, the rider who gets the early jump ... loses.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Maybe you can point to a video where clip-in time made a difference. In every video I've seen, the rider who gets the early jump ... loses.
    There isn't really much that I can say with your theory.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Some good news, I just stopped by our local bike shop and I do believe that I have one of the employees to make a non-biased video with us on Sunday at some point. If all goes well we will be able to share the video early in the week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    As a for instance in the Red Bull Bay Climb a group stops from a dead stop and races straight up hill. For this particular race to get in quickly would be a benefit.
    Maybe you can point to a video where clip-in time made a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal
    There isn't really much that I can say with your theory.
    It's not my theory. You cited this particular race as one where clip-in time matters. Can you point to a video of this race that supports your claim?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    You, as a customer, asked an employee to make a video. Presumably, you will be present. At the very least, the employee will be delivering the video to you and knows it’s intended to promote your product. Did I mention you’re a customer?

That word [non-biased], I don’t think it means what you think it means.

RoadBikeReview Member
    based on numerous threads and comments, this product has little to no support among RBR members.

so, why does the developer insist on coming here to promote it...?

it's becoming tedious. seems like an intelligent person would note the overwhelmingly negative sentiments and go elsewhere to hawk their so-called 'fastest pedal'...as if anyone anywhere would care about that marketing hype.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    based on numerous threads and comments, this product has little to no support among RBR members.

Masochism?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    It's not my theory. You cited this particular race as one where clip-in time matters. Can you point to a video of this race that supports your claim?
    I appreciate the thought, I just cannot find any reason why it wouldn't be good to be in the lead immediately based off of your equipment. But obviously the best place to be in the lead is at the end of any race.

Quote Originally Posted by asgelle View Post
    You, as a customer, asked an employee to make a video. Presumably, you will be present. At the very least, the employee will be delivering the video to you and knows it’s intended to promote your product. Did I mention you’re a customer?

That word [non-biased], I don’t think it means what you think it means.
    There is nothing more that I can say other than if I have gone to a local bike shop and got their A rider to do a test ride for me, and I can give you an un-edited video. That is the best I can do. It was suppose to be done this weekend, but the gentleman had a family health issue and was not able to meet with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post

it's becoming tedious. seems like an intelligent person would note the overwhelmingly negative sentiments and go elsewhere to hawk their so-called 'fastest pedal'...as if anyone anywhere would care about that marketing hype.
    You know what everyone says about opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Masochism?
    Definitely not a masochist, it just seems like we have quite a few pessimists vs optimists. The US is a huge area and we are not trying to corner the market.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The US is a huge area and we are not trying to corner the market.
    As I mentioned pages ago... I work with (mostly large) companies as they build, test, research, market new brands. I've never seen a company seek to win every customer. But (and it's a big but) when these companies test product/positioning concepts with the target audience (based on psychographics - not just demographics), and see feedback like you're seeing in this "focus group" - EVERY product team I've worked with would cut their losses, and move to the next idea in the "innovation pipeline."

You've had hundreds of views - opportunities to comment - on your concept, and literally NO ONE has signaled an intent to purchase. I wonder if you're dismissing this because it was free. If you'd paid the $100,000++ it would've taken to get this kind of consumer insight, would it have had more of an impact?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    As I mentioned pages ago... I work with (mostly large) companies as they build, test, research, market new brands. I've never seen a company seek to win every customer. But (and it's a big but) when these companies test product/positioning concepts with the target audience (based on psychographics - not just demographics), and see feedback like you're seeing in this "focus group" - EVERY product team I've worked with would cut their losses, and move to the next idea in the "innovation pipeline."

You've had hundreds of views - opportunities to comment - on your concept, and literally NO ONE has signaled an intent to purchase. I wonder if you're dismissing this because it was free. If you'd paid the $100,000++ it would've taken to get this kind of consumer insight, would it have had more of an impact?
    You are correct that many people have seen this ongoing thread. But I do believe that it is the same 5 or 6 people that keep regurgitating the same negative thoughts. I have tried to respond to all of them with the best of my ability. The pedal has not even been manufactured yet, and I believe that everyone understands that there are none to buy at this time. Also like you have mentioned, I'm not trying to win every customer. But the US is a large area and I'm not trying to put one of my pedals on every road bike. We just came up with an idea and have perfected it down to the simplest and quickest to engage. Also we do believe that the pricing can be extremely competitive in the market. We have truly listened to every person that has communicated with us and have tried to give honest answers in every response.

As far as the $100k+ financial gain in customer insight, I really never thought of it that way as I was just getting on a bike forum and having a discussion. We do spend money on FB ads every week across the country to prepare for the Oct. crowdsourcing campaign. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the input.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You're right. You should definitely move forward - full steam ahead.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    You're right. You should definitely move forward - full steam ahead.
    If you are being sincere, I agree that people must try things. If I don't succeed it is ok, even if we have an investor everyone will know the +/- before going into the venture.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This thread reminds me of some recumbent riders, who continue to preach even after everyone has told him they're not interested.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    And now you are the one who is keeping it going. THANKS!!!

[REDACTED]
    And now you are the one who is keeping it going. THANKS!!!
    Now who was the meanie who hit you with negative rep?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    deleted...
    Last edited by Oxtox; 1 Week Ago at 04:10 PM.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
    This thread reminds me of some recumbent riders, who continue to preach even after everyone has told him they're not interested.
    Or 'that guy' who has a Moon saddle......
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Now who was the meanie who hit you with negative rep?
    Right? Pit bull has been anything but neg rep worthy... IMO anyway. You may not like his product design, but he’s been civil and appropriate. I don’t get neg rep at all.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Pathlete and Pedalphile
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Right? Pit bull has been anything but neg rep worthy... IMO anyway. You may not like his product design, but he’s been civil and appropriate. I don’t get neg rep at all.
    It was system shock that gave him the negative rep. Makes him feel like a big man. His pedal system isn't for me but I have to applaude him for trying. He has endured a ton of ridicule and has remained civil throughout.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    I would concur with you here. I only negative rep people who are combative bullies or obvious trolls.

Pitbull, while at times seemed like a masochist pitching a product here that nobody had any interest in, at least his conduct was always civil.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    The last few statements have been negative and positive. The only thing I can tell you until you ride with our pedal there is no way for you to determine how they function. Every video and every statement I have made is accurate to the best of my ability. I know that these pedals look familiar to some pedals that were created awhile ago but all of those pedals had issues and I do believe we have all those issues worked out with our design.

gazing from the shadows
    ... to the best of my ability.
    Agreed.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910