Pitbull Pedal is back - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    I guess I never claimed to be brilliant, we are just a couple of old bucks having fun. .
    .... as I was pointing out your website says...

"So brilliant it's patented!"
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    My partner Frank is brilliant!

Russian Troll Farmer
    You know, for a guy who has been told by nearly everybody here (as well as by Look as well..) that his design is essentially worthless, I'm surprised that you keep coming back here for more of the same. Do you have some masochistic desire?
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

'brifter' is a lame word.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

[REDACTED]
    Pitbull is a very stable genius.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I agree 100%. When I come to a stop sign or a light, I have my left foot clipped in before it turns green or before I am about to go. Where I feel we have the edge is where I push down with my left foot as the right pedal comes up, I immediately engage and am already on a power stroke.
    Then why does your "challenge" involve starting out with both feet on the ground? It serves no purpose.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    So, Iím not sure I understand the design... The big clip attached to the shoe gets stepped on the bar that is the pedal. There is a small protruding fixture that secures the clip and shoe onto the pedal. A few questions, and maybe they are dumb ones... How do you unclip? How secure is clip when under heavy load? Coming unclipped in a sprint could be disastrous. And last, is the pedal rotating against the clip as you turn the crank?
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    ... And last, is the pedal rotating against the clip as you turn the crank?
    It seems so, which will make it the quickest cleat to wear out, as well. This is a classic case of somebody with an idea that has little potential, but he's read all those books which tell you "never give up". Unfortunately, a design which has no potential will never be worth more than ugatz.....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    And last, is the pedal rotating against the clip as you turn the crank?
    No, it looks like the outer part of the pedal is free to rotate, so no movement relative to the clip.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    No, it looks like the outer part of the pedal is free to rotate, so no movement relative to the clip.
    Thanks for both replies! In either scenario, arenít you rotating solid surfaces on each other? In a normal pedal isnít that rotation happening with bearings reducing surface drag like you would have with this design? Again, pardon me, I am NO engineer! I may be too far off to answer intelligently! Haha But it seems regressive not progressive to rotate solid surfaces together?
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for both replies! In either scenario, arenít you rotating solid surfaces on each other? In a normal pedal isnít that rotation happening with bearings reducing surface drag like you would have with this design? Again, pardon me, I am NO engineer! I may be too far off to answer intelligently! Haha But it seems regressive not progressive to rotate solid surfaces together?
    Pretty sure it has bearings, so no metal-on-metal issues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    correct, the spindle has bearings so it rotates at the crank arm. There is no movement at the cleat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    It's full of factual errors. :nono:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    correct, the spindle has bearings so it rotates at the crank arm. There is no movement at the cleat.
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    hmm I think this is great for those who ride with clipless in heavy traffic.
    I have seen TOO many riders who have problem getting clipped in at major intersections, and they would look down to try to clip in but in looking down they also swerve their bike sometimes dangerously into traffic or to the adjacent riders.

I've been this happen a lot to riders, from using Shimano, Look, Speedplay systems. A LOT!

As a person who also do mtb, I would definitely be interested if the cleats can survive an occasional off the bike walk (which doesn't look like can).

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    It seems so, which will make it the quickest cleat to wear out, as well. This is a classic case of somebody with an idea that has little potential, but he's read all those books which tell you "never give up".
    There's that. And then there's this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    You know, for a guy who has been told by nearly everybody here (as well as by Look as well..) that his design is essentially worthless, I'm surprised that you keep coming back here for more of the same. Do you have some masochistic desire?
    Your opinion is valuable to yourself and you should appreciate that. The actual cleat system works exactly as I have described. Which is virtually perfect. It will be very inexpensive to produce. I am actually more enthusiastic after speaking with look over so many months as they had complimented the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Pitbull is a very stable genius.
    I guess I am not as bright as some, because I don't understand this comment.

Then why does your "challenge" involve starting out with both feet on the ground? It serves no purpose.
    We just wanted to show how fast it was with both feet on the ground. Whenever you are in a group ride and you are at an intersection you'll only have 1 foot clipped in. At intersections is where the cleat would shine. As soon as you push off with one foot and the pedal rotates up, you just automatically clip into the 360 degree entry and you are already on a power stroke. So it is just an extremely easy and fast pedal to ride with. Even more so in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    While they all do look similar, they do not all work alike. Most of the pedals even though they are round still need to locate the entry point. You cannot pull really hard on the upstroke like on ours. I believe that with the simplistic design and ability to rebuild them so easily is why I believe they gave us the patent.

So, Iím not sure I understand the design... The big clip attached to the shoe gets stepped on the bar that is the pedal. There is a small protruding fixture that secures the clip and shoe onto the pedal. A few questions, and maybe they are dumb ones... How do you unclip? How secure is clip when under heavy load? Coming unclipped in a sprint could be disastrous. And last, is the pedal rotating against the clip as you turn the crank?
    Simply rotating your heel like any other pedal will allow you to unclip. The clip seems to be extremely secure as we have in a video showed bouncing a 25 pound weight hanging from it without any slippage. The pedal is locked into the cleat with the spring steel. The exterior pedal is rotating on the inside bearings around the center axle. Something that we had forgotten to mention is that it is not impossible but extremely hard to ride the bike without the cleat on your shoe. Therefore if someone tried to steal your bike and they thought they'd just jump on and pedal away, they'd have a hell of a time as their shoe would just roll off the pedal.

It seems so, which will make it the quickest cleat to wear out, as well. This is a classic case of somebody with an idea that has little potential, but he's read all those books which tell you "never give up". Unfortunately, a design which has no potential will never be worth more than ugatz.....
    Thanks for your words of encouragement.

That is correct.

We are riding on bearings.

Pretty sure it has bearings, so no metal-on-metal issues.
    That is correct also.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    hmm I think this is great for those who ride with clipless in heavy traffic.
    I have seen TOO many riders who have problem getting clipped in at major intersections, and they would look down to try to clip in but in looking down they also swerve their bike sometimes dangerously into traffic or to the adjacent riders.
    I've been this happen a lot to riders, from using Shimano, Look, Speedplay systems. A LOT!
    As a person who also do mtb, I would definitely be interested if the cleats can survive an occasional off the bike walk (which doesn't look like can).
    On our website we showed that I literally walked 2 miles aggressively on a concrete sidewalk and the clip worked perfectly. Another thing that we are going to do to try and help promote the system is even though the clips last a long time we are going to give 3 sets of clips in each box with the set of pedals. That should save everyone quite a lot.

'brifter' is a lame word.

While they all do look similar, they do not all work alike. Most of the pedals even though they are round still need to locate the entry point. You cannot pull really hard on the upstroke like on ours. I believe that with the simplistic design and ability to rebuild them so easily is why I believe they gave us the patent.
    No one should be 'pulling really hard on the upstroke'. You should get that thought out of your heads before more people find out how little you know about pedals and pedaling dynamics.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    No one should be 'pulling really hard on the upstroke'. You should get that thought out of your heads before more people find out how little you know about pedals and pedaling dynamics.
    Faux clipless pedal bunny hopping with poor technique? Not sure if Aerolites stayed engaged in this case.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Obviously you are correct. There is nowhere near as much upward pressure as the downward pressure a sprinter can lay down. But there is a push and pull method that a lot of people use. We are just assuring that it will not come off on the up stroke. We do have a tension screw to adjust how easy it is to clip out of. You can set it for extremely tight as a lot of the pro riders do that I have read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremerradkurier View Post
    Faux clipless pedal bunny hopping with poor technique? Not sure if Aerolites stayed engaged in this case.
    With the system we have you can easily jump over any small curbs. Thanks

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I think the OP is playing you guys.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    That's what salesmen do.
    Too old to ride plastic

gazing from the shadows
    That's what salesmen do.
    They tend to try to avoid alienating customers and potential customers as they play people.

The good ones at least.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    If you mean you think I'm playing around, I am not.

That's what salesmen do.
    I'm not trying to sell anyone in particular on this site a pedal, but if it all worked out after the crowdsourcing I'm sure I'd send one to whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    They tend to try to avoid alienating customers and potential customers as they play people.
    The good ones at least.
    There is no car salesman here. We're just two old bucks having some fun with a pedal that we created. We just feel that it works the best.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    I have been having fun with this discussion with everyone. Like I had said this isn't the cure for cancer. It is just something that Frank and I had come up with after years of riding. I think that I'll take a picture of some of our earlier thoughts & prototypes. You should get a kick out of some of the crazy stuff we started with.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast