Pitbull Pedal is back - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 122
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremerradkurier View Post
    Faux clipless pedal bunny hopping with poor technique? Not sure if Aerolites stayed engaged in this case.
    man you hit it! I know a fellow mtber who has on at least one occasion has pulled his right foot out of his clipless pedal while trying to clear a large log, and ended up scrapping his shin against the pedal, ouch! Don't remember if he was using Shimano or Crank brothers. I've also seen a few users of CB pedals who got their foot disenaged on bumpy downhill and their cleats are a bit worn. Can be scary that you'll going downhill over roots and rocks and suddenly a foot came flying out of your Eggbeater which has really no plaftform!

  2. #52
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: PBL450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,224
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    I have been having fun with this discussion with everyone. Like I had said this isn't the cure for cancer. It is just something that Frank and I had come up with after years of riding. I think that I'll take a picture of some of our earlier thoughts & prototypes. You should get a kick out of some of the crazy stuff we started with.
    Thanks for the replies.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

  3. #53
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    There is no car salesman here. We're just two old bucks having some fun with a pedal that we created. We just feel that it works the best.
    Hard to square "having some fun" with trying to sell to Look. Is a salesman a salesman before he makes a sale? I say yes, so failed salesman it is!

    Lots of people think their child is beautiful and smart. No matter how scabby and drippy and behind on average development the kid is.

    I am glad your hideous child.... i mean pedal... brings you so much joy.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  4. #54
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Lots of people think their child is beautiful and smart. No matter how scabby and drippy and behind on average development the kid is.

    I am glad your hideous child.... i mean pedal... brings you so much joy.
    A bit off topic but I have witnessed something like this over the weekend. I was walking on local MUT and there is a portion which has a separate bike land and pedestrian lane. A dude in his early 30's was crossing the bike lane and an elderly woman was following him but stopped in the middle (for unknown reason). Then an approaching cyclist had to swerve around her while yelling, "Watch, get outta the way!". This dude in his early 30's looked upset that someone yelled at her. They appear to be from out of town and not familiar with the MUT safety around here so I tried to explain to him why that happened, "Hey guys, it's a bike lane and that's why that cyclist yel..." Before I finished my sentence, he shouts, "Shut the f#@% up! She's my mother! I'll beat your a$$!". Such language in front of his own mother, not to mention the disregard for safety first. I told him that I was just trying to help and he yells again, "Shut the f#@% up!" in front of his own mother. I turned around and walked away. What a hideous child he is.

  5. #55
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    A bit off topic but I have witnessed something like this over the weekend. I was walking on local MUT and there is a portion which has a separate bike land and pedestrian lane. A dude in his early 30's was crossing the bike lane and an elderly woman was following him but stopped in the middle (for unknown reason). Then an approaching cyclist had to swerve around her while yelling, "Watch, get outta the way!". This dude in his early 30's looked upset that someone yelled at her. They appear to be from out of town and not familiar with the MUT safety around here so I tried to explain to him why that happened, "Hey guys, it's a bike lane and that's why that cyclist yel..." Before I finished my sentence, he shouts, "Shut the f#@% up! She's my mother! I'll beat your a$$!". Such language in front of his own mother, not to mention the disregard for safety first. I told him that I was just trying to help and he yells again, "Shut the f#@% up!" in front of his own mother. I turned around and walked away. What a hideous child he is.
    Maybe they left Canaryville for the day.
    Too old to ride plastic

  6. #56
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    We're just two old bucks having some fun with a pedal that we created.
    You stated this in several posts, yet you are actively trying to get someone else to finance and manufacture your pedals. How do you pitch the idea to potential investors? "We just want to have fun, but we'd like you to take on all the financial risk and then pay us royalties if things pan out." Even with a good product idea, that would be a non-starter for investors. If you really believe in your product, you need to put some skin in the game.

  7. #57
    jkc
    jkc is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Wow, AeroLite pedal is still around. Thought those was joke back in the late 80s/early 90s. One guy on our collegiate team used it for about a month and stop talking about them after the first crit. Fun times.

  8. #58
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110
    Yeah I have seen a lot of pictures of those and similar. I just feel that ours are superior as you cannot slip out of them without intentionally kicking your heel out like a standard pedal.

  9. #59
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110


    We just got our cards. Hopefully we'll find someone to give them to haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #60
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,317
    Wow, some people just can't take a hint...
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  11. #61
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,510
    wonder how many here would even accept a free sample of these pedals...

    I know I'm not interested.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  12. #62
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    wonder how many here would even accept a free sample of these pedals...

    I know I'm not interested.
    I woulda tried the AeroLite's years ago if I was interested.
    Too old to ride plastic

  13. #63
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    You stated this in several posts, yet you are actively trying to get someone else to finance and manufacture your pedals. How do you pitch the idea to potential investors? "We just want to have fun, but we'd like you to take on all the financial risk and then pay us royalties if things pan out." Even with a good product idea, that would be a non-starter for investors. If you really believe in your product, you need to put some skin in the game.
    A lot of what you say I agree with. This is actually not our first attempt on the hunt for the golden goose. We have moved forward with other projects out of pocket. This is the first time that we would be going in this direction. As far as looking for an investor or crowdsourcing. I have another small business endeavor as I enjoy anything that goes fast. You can check out my hotrod online at mikeswickedstreetrails.com

    As far as investors, the amount of money that we are looking for in my mind is a drop in the bucket to an actually wealthy person looking to invest. There are people out there that throw this kind of money in a single roll of the dice and simply walk away. We will be doing all of the cleat mold building and production in house. This is just my thoughts.

  14. #64
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    As far as investors, the amount of money that we are looking for in my mind is a drop in the bucket to an actually wealthy person looking to invest. There are people out there that throw this kind of money in a single roll of the dice and simply walk away.
    Seriously, that's your business plan?

  15. #65
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    Seriously, that's your business plan?
    Troll for suckers on Kickstarter, it seems....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110
    It appears on my end that we have missed a few comments. For some reason when we click the thread it will not show new comments, but if we click the last response on the right it took me straight to yours. I really do not know much about trolling on the internet, but I did research some crowdsourcing options. It seems like it is a good way to try and bring the market in by offering an exceptional deal to the person that invested in the new system. I felt that it would be a win win for everyone involved.

  17. #67
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,371
    Looks like things are going equally as well for you on your instagram account...
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  18. #68
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110
    We had just started it recently. The guy who runs my website had just started it as I don't know anything about Instagram currently.

  19. #69
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110
    We do have some really good news to report. I had sent an email to our local news channel and they had responded in a good way. We just finished up a long interview plus some video for Bay News 9 here in Tampa Bay. I don't know how many of you have been in front of a TV camera before but thank god for editing. They are going to let me know when it is going to be aired, possibly later on this afternoon.

  20. #70
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    We had just started it recently. The guy who runs my website had just started it as I don't know anything about Instagram currently.
    I'd figure it out pretty quick, there's a few people using it.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  21. #71
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    35,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    We do have some really good news to report. I had sent an email to our local news channel and they had responded in a good way. We just finished up a long interview plus some video for Bay News 9 here in Tampa Bay. I don't know how many of you have been in front of a TV camera before but thank god for editing. They are going to let me know when it is going to be aired, possibly later on this afternoon.
    Slow news day?

    The lead-in: "Local man's design for component in fringe sport fails to enthuse other sport participants--film at eleven"
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. Im fd.

  22. #72
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    We do have some really good news to report. I had sent an email to our local news channel and they had responded in a good way. We just finished up a long interview plus some video for Bay News 9 here in Tampa Bay. ...
    Slow news day???
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  23. #73
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    We do have some really good news to report. I had sent an email to our local news channel and they had responded in a good way. We just finished up a long interview plus some video for Bay News 9 here in Tampa Bay. I don't know how many of you have been in front of a TV camera before but thank god for editing. They are going to let me know when it is going to be aired, possibly later on this afternoon.
    sure you killed in the interview.

    'we have a pedal design that gets less-than-rave reviews by potential users'...

    does the phrase 'glutton for punishment' ring a bell...?
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  24. #74
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,371
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Slow news day?

    The lead-in: "Local man's design for component in fringe sport fails to enthuse other sport participants--film at eleven"
    I tried!

    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xxl again."
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  25. #75
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    110
    I talked to my website guy, and he had informed me that he had started us the Instagram page. I'll be looking into that.

    Seems to be so easy to come up with negative remarks, the way I look at this is at least I am giving it a shot and I'm enjoying doing it. If I succeed or not only time will tell.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Loose Pitbull chasing cyclist in Mooers, NY Friday May 6, 2016
    By FasterStronger in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 01:12 AM
  2. How we keep the French Bulldog and Pitbull Friendly
    By Ridgetop in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 05:16 PM
  3. Another viscious pitbull thread
    By bmxhacksaw in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 09:55 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 06:27 AM
  5. Forget the PitBull, beware of BigBill
    By OldEndicottHiway in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.